Slightly Off Topic - Deep Sea Fishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kleppta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am in COZ March 16-23 and diving with Scuba Mau.

I will be diving 4 days but also want to do a half or 3/4 day deep sea finishing charter.

Does anyone have and recomendations on a local owner/operator with a smaller boat and decent prices.

Toons of options on the net but the all smell vaugly of resellers. Book with us and we'll find you a boat deals.

I would like to know exactly who I am going with and on what boat. Also would like to have a more personable crew than just employees.

Reccomendations appreciated.

I 2nd the recomendation of Rita at Albatros Charters. We have been fishing with her for many years and always enjoy our trips with her crew.

Dude just talk to Opal or Mau at the shop. We go fishing all the time, the after party/barbecue is second to none.

Hey your fishing question is more "on topic" than my laundromat questions. If it happens on or around Cozumel I think it's fair game on this board! :wink:

One thing you can do is go to the Caleta at 5 or 6 in the afternoon when the boats are coming in. You can walk around, look at the boats, meet the crews, and make a deal. That's how I've been arranging fishing for the past 15 years or so and it has worked out really well for me.

One thing you can do is go to the Caleta at 5 or 6 in the afternoon when the boats are coming in. You can walk around, look at the boats, meet the crews, and make a deal. That's how I've been arranging fishing for the past 15 years or so and it has worked out really well for me.

How bout the marina just north of Villa Aldora??....

How bout the marina just north of Villa Aldora??....

I don't know where Villa Aldora is, but that's probably the marina north of town. That would probably work as well, but I always stay south so I went to the Caleta, which is right next to the Presidente.

What I liked about doing it that way was that I saw the boats and met the skippers personally before I made my selection. I didn't go through an agent or choose a boat from pictures and descriptions. I found a boat that way ten years ago and have been fishing with the same guys every year since then.

Back
Top Bottom