Sneezing Underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJScubaDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm just wondering has anyone ever sneezed underwater? Is it even physiologically possible? If you have though, how did it go?

I hold my reg in... so that I don't spit it out by accident (when I sneeze underwater)

Most bodily functions are normal... like burping, sneezing, coughing, hiccups, and things that come out of the other end too...

This is the whole reason you practice the mask removal in class. You have to take it off and clean it out after you sneeze. :D

Chad

Yeah - last dive I did on the Sherman (Confederate blockade runner) off Myrtle Beach I surfaced with a mask full of snot. It's certainly possible.

I never have....but I guess if I did I wouldn't have to worry about defog for my mask. LOL

Sneezing is possible and it happens. Its no issue, reg stays in, nothing happens.

You may want to flood mask to rinse out snot though afterwards...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom