Snorkel Keeper (best for me)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utiladude

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I don't know how old is this new type of snorkel keeper but I think it is the best I seen since I started diving (2007), I bought this one at my LDS for $3 but you can get some similar at ebay. It's easy to install, just squeeze the flexible part of the snorkel and slide it up. I'm assuming is kind of new. Cool and cheap new toy! :D

Attachments

• Snorkel Keeper.jpg
    Snorkel Keeper.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 372
I bought this one at my LDS for $3 but you can get some similar at ebay.

I've been using this snorkel keeper since right after finishing OW...

zz%20Milk%20Crate%20B-03.jpg

...I got it for free, behind the local Stop-n-Shop.

:eyebrow:

LOL. That is a lot like mine.:shakehead:

I forgot about the bad reputation snorkels have, the one I use save me from very choppy waters on my OW in Utila it was just my 4th dive and the experience stuck with me.
For Lake Michigan I just stopped using it but out sea in OW I don't think I'm OK with out a yellow snorkel and a good snorkel keeper.
I like your version of snorkel keeper I been using a laundry basket.

Seriously, I use a snorkle for some dives. Especially when I think I will be sitting on the surface for quite a while after a float dive waiting for the boat to come pick me up. I'll likely have about 500 psi in the tank so not enough to keep the reg in my mouth for that wait and if it's choppy, I like having the snorkle to keep from inhaling sea water while on the surface and waves breaking over my head. My wife considers it a safety device and always has it with her. Snorkles are great devices for those who use them and some of us do all the time, some of us never do, and some of us once in a while. Mine is usually in my goody bag. In any case that is a good keeper.

I don't carry a snorkel for 95% of my diving.......

But I do keep one in my dive bag when doing boat dives.......

If it is a drift or potential for big waves, I take the snorkel with me bungeed to my BP where my DSMB also is......

I just slide the tube up under my mask strap if I need to use it.....

No keeper or extra device required………

M

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom