So close to being new.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geobound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi folks as the title says, I'm so close to being new I can almost feel the wetness now.

I've done my PADI written exam, and am now just waiting for the weekend after this to do my pool and open water.

I've done lots of snorkelling over the decades so I figured it was time I went all the way and got certified.

My fins, mask and snorkel have taken a beating over the past 30+ years so I went out to look at a new kit, and boy am I ever surprised to see whats in the shops now??

The one piece glass mask that I used to wear weighs more than the combined weight of today's mask, snorkel and fins. LOL.....

And wetsuits.........I'm sure you've all heard enough stories about trying on a wetsuit for the first time, but oh good lord did I struggle "slipping" into one in the store. Perhaps I'll save that story for another day.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hi before I messed around in the forums and asked the usual "new guy" questions.

Thanks for having me,

John

John,
Be forewarned, this place will make you want more gear! It will also help you to be a better diver.

Welcome to Scubaboard. You've come to a wonderful place on the net. Great people and advice.

Thanks for the welcome.

I have to admit I've been a lurker for about a month now, but since I'm actually going through with the course I figured I would sign up for actual help and insight.

Nick thanks for the link to the dressing room stories, I am going to check it out.

I just posted my story / question, so if a mod wants to move it feel free.

Warning though, it is a long one. LOL.......

Welcome aboard!
Dive safe.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....good luck with your underwater skills.

Welcome to the depths! You've come to the right place for all things scuba. You'll find anything you ever wanted to know and maybe some things you didn't. But it's a great board with some great people!

Welcome. You should do great. I was just like you with all those decades of snorkeling until scuba at age 51. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom