So Much for DEPP Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got my DEPP Policy issued today and you guys ARE NOT giving me a warm fuzzy. ARRRRRRRGH!

So what would be the ramifications if I stopped the Credit Card payment?
You have 60 days to challenge any charge. Not so lucky if it's a debit card.

We are in an era when insurance companies are very profitable because they deny claims.

good to hear. Sorry for your bad luck with Depp, but thanks for posting so others can learn of it and who to stay away from!

Well they have finally responded to the emails. All my emails, sent to at least three different people, were all going into the SPAM file in their email server......ah huh......yea right. I was born at night....but................ Now they want to settle the claim for far less than the equipment was scheduled but i dont have an explanation to the math, and, I still dont have a CLAIM number!!! Amazing what the threat of an State Insurance Department complaint will do. They push this any further and they will have a Bad Faith Claim on their hands and they will not like this fight at all. This is rediculous. This claim is less than $650. All this rediculous banter back and forth, time on both sides, bad press for them......all for a claim of this size. Unbelievable.

You may be interested in these Kentucky insurance code sections: unfair claims settlement practices and time of payment of claims.

Note, my recollection is that DEPP insurance is based out of Kentucky. However, I may be wrong as I am going off memory. So, please be sure to look at your declarations page to make sure that DEPP is based out of Kentucky, otherwise, the above code sections will be of no help.

Well they have finally responded to the emails. All my emails, sent to at least three different people, were all going into the SPAM file in their email server......ah huh......yea right. I was born at night....but................ Now they want to settle the claim for far less than the equipment was scheduled but i dont have an explanation to the math, and, I still dont have a CLAIM number!!! Amazing what the threat of an State Insurance Department complaint will do. They push this any further and they will have a Bad Faith Claim on their hands and they will not like this fight at all. This is rediculous. This claim is less than $650. All this rediculous banter back and forth, time on both sides, bad press for them......all for a claim of this size. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
I also cancelled my DEPP policy because of lack of response to some questions that I had emailed them and also called asking for a callback ,which never came.
They finally sent me an email after I told them NOT to charge my credit card ,the email asked why I was not renewing and then stated they would keep my information for three years if I decided to go back with them.
They lost my business for lack of responding to phone calls and emails.

Interesting that DEPP has not responded to this thread.

Glad I cancelled my DEPP.

Well now I have had some response to my emails. I will be posting them and those of you who believe your DEPP insurance policy is a Replacement Insurance policy you will find out the hard way that it is not. Im in the insurance industry and when you dont read policy changes, you find out the hard way. My fault for renewing with DEPP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom