So Much for DEPP Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After almost 6 months after my equipment was stolen... no news from DEPP. For the past weeks they don't even respond to my emails. This is amazing, I have spoken to my lawyer, they will be contacting them next week.

After almost 6 months after my equipment was stolen... no news from DEPP. For the past weeks they don't even respond to my emails. This is amazing, I have spoken to my lawyer, they will be contacting them next week.

Good luck. I thought my experience was bad. OMG. They certainly will give you the run around. I plan to give move regarding my claim very soon. They finally sent me a check. How they calculated the payment they will not tell me. I only recieved partial payment and say they are sending me another check but I am not holding my breath.

This is good to know. I don't want some depreciated amount if my stuff is stolen, I want to replace it with what is comparable to the right now, and you can't do that unless it's a full replacement policy.

I am faced with renewing my DEPP insurance this month. In the past they have been fine, and acted timely in the case of a dive computer that went bad. However, I may have to look elsewhere now.

I think this year will be my last go-around with DEPP. As sad as this is, having no insurance may be the same as having DEPP insurance from the sounds of what people have been experiencing.

I am faced with renewing my DEPP insurance this month. In the past they have been fine, and acted timely in the case of a dive computer that went bad. However, I may have to look elsewhere now.

My renewal was set for the 17th of this month. With 60+ hour work/class weeks, this year will be a dry one. I was still going to renew my policy just to be on the safe side but after following this thread it doesn't seem worth it. I might consider them again in the future but it would take huge PR moves on their behalf. I've sent a link to this thread in my cancellation notice.

oh yes, this sounds like an exact copy of my dealings with DEPP. Now it is happening on claim number two. What a waste of time - hours spent on a $500 claim and a $170 claim. I will be posting my truthful story tis week.

I too am experiencing difficulty with DEPP and will share here so that others may consider these factors. I insured over $5,000 worth of equipment. I lost my modeling light set up to the tune of $400 or so dollars. I received the required paperwork which necessitated a notary seal! (seriously!). Sent it in on February 7, 2011. Followed up on March 14th, again on March 17th, no word back. I followed up again today...They just got back to me and state that they never received the claim! I hand addressed that claim myself. I know that they got it and are just giving me the run-a-around. Every e-mail was sent to the same address. How is it that they just now decide to tell me that they never received it? Good luck to the rest of you that are struggling with DEPP!
Ratings

Back
Top Bottom