So what is "The Pub"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbalmr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been on Scubaboard for a while now and I keep hearing about "The Pub". Just wondering what this is. Can someone please fill me in?:popcorn:

It's a double opt in area of the board where some of the more volatile topics like religion and politics are discussed.

To access it you need to go to group memberships and join the surface interval, then join the regulars of the pub user groups.

The user group link is here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

The pub is just like any other local pub. The SB pub is filled with regular characters and they all have their own personal opinions on the topics of the day.

In the end, for the most part, we are friends. The banter does go back and forth and the debates are, sometimes, lively.

Pull up a stool and settle in. The conversation never ends.

The Pub is ScubaBoard's modern-day Warhammer maneuver ... only instead of taking a dump in the water, we dump on each other.

It's great fun ... as long as you don't take any of it seriously ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

(edited to add) ... mdb is exactly right ... while it may seem that we're fighting, we're actually just enjoying each other's company ... in rather spirited fashion ...

You and your avatar should fit in quite nicely. :D

Those links take me to a list of groups, of which the Pub isn't one.

In order to view the pub, first you have to opt in to the Surface Interval group.

Then you have to opt in to the Regulars of the Pub group.

After that you'll be able to see and access threads that are located in the pub.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom