Solo Diving - Two Boat Ops Perspectives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know of a SF Bay Area SDI instructor? I can't find one and would like to do their solo course.

Probably, but having taken the course with an instructor (Bill Downey in PA), I have to say the discussion and personal anecdotes that he added to the material were extremely useful. I'm a huge fan of the SDI book, but I learned a lot in addition by having live discussions with someone who knew the subject. I personally feel a lot better prepared to dive solo as a result of getting the material and doing the drills with someone knowledgeable.

I agree that you would get a fuller perspective from someone who's done a lot of solo and is knowledgeable about the subject. That presumes someone like that is available. Not the case for me. Wish it was. I'd take the course though I'd hate to spend the money to get the additional cards for deep, night, and nav so I had the AOW card required for the course. Might be funny to see the look on the instructers face when they saw that my 100 qualifiying dives were done solo. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom