Split Fin vs. Full fin

What type of fin do you prefer? Split fin or full fin?

• Split fin

Votes: 63 48.8%
  • Full fin

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vicdiver656

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, I don't want to have any fighting about this, but I'd like to put out a poll asking how many prefer split fins and how many prefer full fins.

I prefer not to worry about it and just get in the water and dive.

vicdiver656:
I don't want to get advanced, I just want to know which type people like, not which brand.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at the issue. Given a choice between Aqualung Rockets and Apollo Bios, I'll take the Bios, a split fin. Given the choice between Apollo Bios and Scubapro Jet Fins, I'll take the Jets, a blade fin. The two best fins I've ever used are blades - Jets and Duck Feet. OTOH, the worst fins I've ever used were also blades - Force Fins and Rockets. The split fins I've used all fall somewhere within those two extremes.

I don't want to get advanced, I just want to know which type people like, not which brand.

Unfortunately some people are touchy about this subject and will chime in with neg comments. This is potentially another fighting thread. Good luck with your polling. But you should have added a thrid option. Some of us uses both types split and full and like both.

I voted for split fins and here is why!

Split Fins are far superior to Paddle Fins! It's not even close. All split fins are great and all paddle fins are pieces of crap! And....I have the scientific evidence to back up what I'm saying and here it is.

#1. They say split fins are better than paddle fins.

#2. Study after study shows that split fins are better than paddle fins.

Of course someone will come on here and say, "Who is They?" Well.....you know....they is just they. It's that group of people who says things from time to time. We all know who they are. They say this and they say that. I mean just how much more do you need to know about they.

And then people will want to know what are the studies. They will want to know who did the studies, when, where, etc. But studies are just studies. They are done all the time on all kinds of things. We all refer to them now and then. Are the details really that important? Isn't it enough to know that the studies are done.

But what really drives home my conclusion is that THEY did some Studies and found that split fins are better.

So there you have it folks. And for once I provided all the scientific data, facts, and solid evidence that I know what I'm talking about.

BDSC

I hate to tell you this, but both of your facts state the same thing. They and studies are prettymuch the same things.

I like to use a pair of Mercury Verado 300's...

Sure, the extra long intake and exhaust manifolds are a bit of a pain for those deeper dives but you can't argue with the thrust. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom