Split fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will mail you $50.00 if you ask them (post thread) on the GUE forum if they utilize split fins in any application. Idols? They are simply known divers that came to mind, two of which hold world records...

Surviving "world record" dives does not make anybody a fin expert, it just means they didn't die.

Terry

Once again I am not anti split fins. I am just saying they have limitations with regard to most tec diving applications...

Guess what? Most of the divers out there aren't tech divers, nor would they ever be interested in doing tech dives.

I am not a GUE lemming but who would you offer as a better expert than those two on any facet of diving?

I admire and respect what they've accomplished, but don't necessarily think they're the leading experts on all facets of diving.

Some Navy and Commercial guys certainly know more about deep saturation deco, for example.

I am not a GUE lemming but who would you offer as a better expert than those two on any facet of diving?
They may be pretty good cave or tech diving but that hardly qualifies them as experts on all facets of diving.

I find it fascinating that being a really good recreational diver carries so little credibility when it comes to gear selection - even for recreational diving.

The fact is most divers will defend their gear choices, no matter the configuration, no matter the dive location or circumstance.

The fact is most divers will defend their gear choices, no matter the configuration, no matter the dive location or circumstance.

This.

Unfortunately, that sometimes means grossly exaggerating or even completely misstating how the gear works (wtf is a "propeller fin" and how do I get it to spin?).

200th post!

Geez, really?

I bought split fins after researching before a tropical trip. I have hundreds of hours in them and don't care to try anything else until these wear out.

Silly thread, (but fun to read!)

Back
Top Bottom