Split from: Are you AFRAID to Post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it as a pejorative. We have an assortment of Dog Pilers, POV Warriors, PADI Bashers and just plain meanies who are quick to subtly slam others up until their behavior is pointed out.

I don't think so NetDoc. I haven't seen anyone changed their position because you've pointed anything out in this manner. Your consistent use of your "pet terms" against others has caused people to think less of you and question your professionalism.

If someone calls you a POV Warrior, you can do one of two things...

1. Be insulted. Hey, it's the easy way out.
  2. Look within and try to understand why they called you that.

... or just consider the source and try to ignore it. You don't start an intelligent conversation by insulting the other person.

Randy43068:
what's a "POV Warrior?"

Someone with whom Pete disagrees, but with whom he doesn't want to discuss the points of disagreement.

SB was actually pretty strongly anti BP/W and DIR a few years ago. Perhaps the animosity runs in cycles?
We've been accused of being both since almost our inception. I hear the complaints and they lean towards us being pro DIR and BP/W.
Good discussion by the way. However, I have to ask ( don't have time for research ) what's a "POV Warrior?"

Point of View Warrior: A person who aggressively promotes their POV over all others, often accusing those who disagree of having various motives including greed and avarice.

Call him on it? I simply asked him if that was the case. He said "no" and I accepted his answer. The whole point of forums is to communicate... if you feel slighted, ask for clarification. If you don't understand something... ask for clarification. If you think someone has it out for you... ASK THEM. I very rarely call people out on anything. However, I am a bit more terse with mean people or POV warriors. I don't consider mpetryk as either of those.

Sorry, but by "Call him on it" I meant "Question him", "Ask him about it", "Say something", etc. And I used your words as an example of what I meant.

On the other hand, "Calling him out" implies "Pistols at 10 yards", which is neither what I said, or what I meant.

Someone with whom Pete disagrees, but with whom he doesn't want to discuss the points of disagreement.
Wow. Calling someone a POV Warrior is bad, but misrepresenting how I use the term is somehow "OK"? Simply amazing.

I disagree with many, many people. Yet, I have only anointed a few with that label.

Sorry, but by "Call him on it" I meant "Question him", "Ask him about it", "Say something", etc. And I used your words as an example of what I meant.

On the other hand, "Calling him out" implies "Pistols at 10 yards", which is neither what I said, or what I meant.
Thanks for the clarification.

I like the the pistol at 10 yard idea. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom