Split from: Are you AFRAID to Post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
... or just consider the source and try to ignore it. You don't start an intelligent conversation by insulting the other person.
Dude... you should practice what you preach with EVERY post. You don't, but you should! We would be a better forum for it. Unfortunately, there are a growing number of people who simply do ignore you. You do have some fans, but you could learn from Thal and Walter about toning down your anti-PADI rhetoric.

It would provide the benefit of shortening the argument. :)
As well as being "macho". :D

As well as being "macho". :D

Macho
Noun 1. macho- a man who is virile and sexually active; a he-man, stud
an adult male, man - an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman)

Nice. :)

I hope Lynne gets here soon, either to stop the violence, or bandage the wounds...

NetDoc:
Wow. Calling someone a POV Warrior is bad, but misrepresenting how I use the term is somehow "OK"? Simply amazing.

Calling someone a POV Warrior is bad. Misreopresenting how you use the insult would also be bad. I haven't seen anyone do that.

NetDoc:
I disagree with many, many people. Yet, I have only anointed a few with that label.

Using labels on people dehumanizes them. It's never a nice thing to do, even if it's only done to a few.

Pete, when I disagree with people, I believe I should either discuss the points with them or I should ignore them. I do not believe labeling people with whom I disagree is ever constructive. I've done it in the past, but it's always been a mistake. I try not to repeat that mistake.

Oh, goodness, this thread started by trying to talk about reasons why people don't post . . . and has turned into another chapter in a long-standing argument involving only a few people. I think the thread would be far better served if we created a PM group for the combatants and let them have at it, someplace where it didn't interrupt the flow of communication in other threads.

Calling someone a POV Warrior is bad. Misreopresenting how you use the insult would also be bad. I haven't seen anyone do that.
More denial? It's pathetic and disingenuous. I expected better... especially when you accuse me of not wanting to discuss issues. But then, I have never known you to admit being wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom