Spring straps for Mares Raptor or Quattro Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put the Innovative spring straps on my Mares Avanti Tres with no problem. When I moved up to Atomics, I was spoiled and had to get springs for them also.

I purchased these spring straps on LP several months ago and they do fit the Mares Volo Power. They do take some finagling to install, which the fine folks at LP helped out with(Thanks Brett). They have a neat pull in the back and are a very snug fit. I have yet to try them in water, but that should be soon.
By the way they were $19.95 and are still on sale. I just don't feel comfortable paying $70 for a similar model.

Blue Reef Quick Release Fin Spring Strap - Recreational Diver, Black

I just bought a Mares X-stream fins and have the shop order the Mares spring straps. I was going to purchase the Atomic Universal spring strap. I emailed the Atomic sale rep and she said they should fit the Mares fins. However, when I went in to purchase the Atomic spring strap the sale person said they will not fit so I ordered the Mares spring straps instead.

Now my question is how do you remove the original straps? I had Tusa fins and it was easy to remove the buckle. Mares, I don't have a clue. Help?

Hi There.. Awesome, I hope you like your new kickers!

Open the buckle, rotate 90* so they are at a verticle plane to the fin, with the palm of your hand you will push buckle from back to front of buckle. It will probably be quite stiff, but it will pop forward out of the slot, you can then simply remove them from the fin post.

As I read this, I'm not sure I am being clear. Hope this helps!

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom