Spring straps for Quattros to replace bungee straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I like the bungee straps on my Mares Avanti Quattro + fins but they are starting to crack after only three or so years and I'm not keen on having to replace them regularly. Thinking of putting spring straps on (like my Jets) but looking for recent and definitive advice on which spring straps will fit. Has anyone else put spring straps on their Quattro plus fins? Which ones fitted?

I also have the Mares Avanti Quattro +. I bought the Highland Spring Straps (formerly also marketed as XS Scuba Highland). Comes with large post adapters needed and are true spring with no buckles (another failure point).

You can get them from DRIS.

Thanks for that. Would you suggest the 8 inch for 'Regular' sized quattros?

if the current straps are on the looser side then yes, else it might be too tight. you could measure the post to post distance with your foot in the pocket

If you care about entanglement, make sure the ends do not trap line. I have three pair of spring straps on Mares fins. I have made inserts for all three sets so that line just rolls off. As a bonus, they keep the darn ends from coming loose from the fins! (Of course, the stock buckles trap line too, so if that's not a problem....)

Thanks for that. Would you suggest the 8 inch for 'Regular' sized quattros?

If you buy the 8" (BTW I too think they may be too short unless you have tiny feet, I'm a 6.5-7 and found them tight) and the 8" is too short and you can't change then message me as I have a box of springs, been there done that.

Thanks all, I'll measure up tonight and probably go the bigger one, particularly if they are tight on a 6.5-7 size boot. I was already looking at ordering something else from DGX and it would be nice if I could get this at the same time, given postage costs to Australia.

Thanks all, I'll measure up tonight and probably go the bigger one, particularly if they are tight on a 6.5-7 size boot. I was already looking at ordering something else from DGX and it would be nice if I could get this at the same time, given postage costs to Australia.

See how you get on, happy to help an Australasian brother/sister so feel free to message me if you have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom