Spring straps for Quattros to replace bungee straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to finish the story, DXG only had the 8 inch left are were discontinuing the product, but I found a dive shop in Australia that had 1 pair of the old discontinued Mares spring straps in size 'R' and so I took a chance and ordered those and the fit seems great.

Just to finish the story, DXG only had the 8 inch left are were discontinuing the product, but I found a dive shop in Australia that had 1 pair of the old discontinued Mares spring straps in size 'R' and so I took a chance and ordered those and the fit seems great.

Nice, I like a happy ending.

If you care about entanglement, make sure the ends do not trap line. I have three pair of spring straps on Mares fins. I have made inserts for all three sets so that line just rolls off. As a bonus, they keep the darn ends from coming loose from the fins! (Of course, the stock buckles trap line too, so if that's not a problem....)
Can you shoot a photograph please, of the modification so that we could see what's involved in doing what you recommend? Thank you.

I have quattros and both of my bungees broke after less than 100 dives. Replaced with XS Scuba 8 inch springs. I love them/ They fit on the post very well.

Yeah none of that skinny rubber tubes stuff

126.JPG

Hadn't used mine in about 20yrs bought some new ones swapped the straps over, back to normal

Goin on the wall straps an all

Doin it properly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom