SS waist buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichKirby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a new OxyCheq lite weight travel package. I've got it mostly set up. I need to attach the waist buckle, but the included instructions do not describe how to attach it to the webbing. I've searched online, but still can't seem to find the right instructions. My OxyCheq buckle has three slots on the left side and one on the right side. I tried to attach it like the instructions I found online for the OxyCheq buckle that has two slots on the left and one on the right, but it didn't seem to close properly. The buckle would close down, but not seem to latch properly, slightly sticking up, if this makes sense. Can anyone provide any help?

i try: 3 slots, #1 outside, #2 center, # 3 inside
Pass the webbing in the #1 , then > # 3, get back from #3 to # 2, and from #2 to #1 (from inside)
In the #1, the webbing belt will pass 2 times.
see this page, scrowl down : Threading waist buckle belt
http://www.divegearexpress.com/hardware/buckles.shtml

Last edited:
i try: 3 slots, #1 outside, #2 center, # 3 inside
Pass the webbing in the #1 , then > # 3, get back from #3 to # 2, and from #2 to #1 (from inside)
In the #1, the webbing belt will pass 2 times.
see this page, scrowl down : Threading waist buckle belt
Slide and Quick Release Buckles - Dive Gear Express

I have a Zeagle Express Tech buckle in my hand (which is also 2 slots on one side one on the other) and with that method the strap has to pass through the "clamp", which means two layers of strap are in the clamp when the other end of the waist strap is passed through. I doubt the buckle will handle this (without adjustment)

With the Oxycheq method you may need an adjustment of the buckle anyway (bend the handle out more or something). Even a "standard" buckle, with all three slots on one side, will have 3 layers of harness under the handle when the other end of the waist belt is passed through ans it's clamped down.

Wow! Thanks so much. The pic in the attached link makes it clear now. This was NOT one of the ways I had tried either.

OK sorry - I totally read that you have TWO on one side and one on the other - not 3 and 1. Yes you definitely want to thread at the the link indicates and just ignore the "lone" slot on the other side.

Thank you both. That's why I love this place.
:cheers:

Deepseasupply.com has an example of how to thread a buckle too...Their buckles are a little different but it may work for you......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom