Start my Cavern/Intro training!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I had my intro class with johnny, I ran all the lines. He followed behind and would stop me after its ran and would move it to where it needed to be. Running the line into the ear wasn't bad, but taking it out was a pain in the ass in that flow

For me taking it out was super easy, it did require good coordination with diver two though. My finger tips are still recovering from the amount of pull and glide. :)

When I had my intro class with johnny, I ran all the lines. He followed behind and would stop me after its ran and would move it to where it needed to be. Running the line into the ear wasn't bad, but taking it out was a pain in the ass in that flow

If you are with a buddy, and depending on your tie off locations, you should stay just out of the flow/entrance while your buddy pulls the primary off for you. Reel it in from your safe location, stow reel, then continue out. A similar technique can also be done if you are solo.

If you are with a buddy, and depending on your tie off locations, you should stay just out of the flow/entrance while your buddy pulls the primary off for you. Reel it in from your safe location, stow reel, then continue out. A similar technique can also be done if you are solo.

Exactly..

For me taking it out was super easy, it did require good coordination with diver two though. My finger tips are still recovering from the amount of pull and glide. :)

If your finger tips are "recovering" then you're pulling wrong. Using your finger tips on the surface of a limestone object just makes you strip the skin off. Instead, either get your finger tips AROUND and beyond an object (like you're rock climbing), or use the fleshy/meaty part of your palm (by the joints for your fingers).

I'll shoot a photo of a proper pull and upload it to FB/tag you in just a minute.

If your finger tips are "recovering" then you're pulling wrong. Using your finger tips on the surface of a limestone object just makes you strip the skin off. Instead, either get your finger tips AROUND and beyond an object (like you're rock climbing), or use the fleshy/meaty part of your palm (by the joints for your fingers).

I'll shoot a photo of a proper pull and upload it to FB/tag you in just a minute.

I appreciate it bud, thanks!! Must suck so hard being in a tropical paradise and sending pics to some new in the states. :wink:

I appreciate it bud, thanks!! Must suck so hard being in a tropical paradise and sending pics to some new in the states. :wink:

I've been suffering this past week. For those that aren't aware, this is the view from my living room right now.

16935947_10210568751888294_391669451_o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom