Start of the Year Dive (Jan. 2006)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moonlighting:
clgsamson:
Yes I've been working at the BSP for the last 20 years. The pay is very good...thats why I can dive every other week.

[I](Ayos! Kayang-kaya pala ako ilibre sa dive netong poging diver na ito!)[/I]

Koya / Papa Kanor... really really great pictures, all taken in Patay na Buli? Not frequented much, but creatures there are awesome eh? When will I produce good pictures like those. I've only started taking photos...
read and practice Moonie. I'll tell Ka Kanor to take you up for a free dive. hehehe

Missdirected:
Great pics. I really like the one with the reef fishes. Reminds me of beautiful colored confetti flying around

yup...it was pretty much like that. i have a few more that needs color correction...one pic shows fish lining up through crevices much like the "traffic" scene in Finding Nemo...the fishes were really funny to watch

clgsamson:
moonlighting:
read and practice Moonie. I'll tell Ka Kanor to take you up for a free dive. hehehe

you game? how about sometime march :D -- ok ba moonie :D

the blue spotted ray, moray, and caloy's red nudi were taken at Dead Palm during our night dive (Patay na Buli)

the colorful nudi, reef fishes at sombrero-beatrice

the diver pictorial was mostly taken at bahura

@moonie: dive with koya, watch his moves and learn...the cam settings you'll have to practice...i still am...lots of settings to understand

but what i've noticed was that if i shoot full manual (manual white balance) colors are much better. am still experimenting...but am slowly getting there.

jonix but what i've noticed was that if i shoot full manual (manual white balance) colors are much better. am still experimenting...but am slowly getting there.[/QUOTE:
Good man! I thought the results looked pretty darn good! The manual WB worked well.

Key thing when on manual and shoot WA, your shutter is more important than your fstop. Leave the fstop at 5.6 and things should be golden. Do you have a little +/- thing in the viewfinder? That is your light meter. Adjust the shutter speed up and down until you get it around -1.3 to -2.0 when pointing the camera in the direction you want to shoot. Then fire....

That will give you a nice blue background

Mike Veitch:
Leave the fstop at 5.6 and things should be golden.

good tip Mike. that's something another photographer had recommended to me when I first started snapping pics underwater.

Mike Veitch:
Good man! I thought the results looked pretty darn good! The manual WB worked well.

Key thing when on manual and shoot WA, your shutter is more important than your fstop. Leave the fstop at 5.6 and things should be golden. Do you have a little +/- thing in the viewfinder? That is your light meter. Adjust the shutter speed up and down until you get it around -1.3 to -2.0 when pointing the camera in the direction you want to shoot. Then fire....

will try 5.6..most of my the pics i took with 5...so -1.3 to -2.0 safe enough when i compensate?

i set the custom settings to 1/125 and fstop 5.0 hehehehe...i shot half of my pics with auto WB & half with manual WB. the next dive i guess i'll be better prepared after this experiment of mine

thanks veitchy! :)

hey koya and jon! Great pics! Glad you guys had fun. Got home about an hour ago and caught up on all the threads. I have to go off to the lab now but Spoon said he'll write a trip report.

Coron was awesome - complete adventure diving! Not for the travellers who like being pampered...

5.0 is also good. stay away from f4 or any number lower than that if possible

You want to use the Manual WB when you are doing wide angle with no strobe. Use Auto WB when shooting close up with the strobe (i mean the inner flash when i say strobe) also when shooting close up with the flash just leave it on 125 shutter, that will be fine you don't need to worry about the +/- when shooting those types of photos.

On WA with no flash, leave the fstop at 5 or 5.6 and adjust the shutter to get the right +/-

your welcome Jonnnnnnyyyyyyy :wink:

Mike Veitch:

gotta get a housing
gotta get a housing
gotta get a housing
gotta get a housing

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom