Suggests please, Sun Sabor Hotel not to wifes linking :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uhhh yeah, huge ones too like Houston has lol. We saw some 3" + ones in Isla Mujeres last week lol.

That comment started me thinking... Have you ever seen a roach on Cozumel? I can't remember ever seeing one.

Omg we have HUGE flying cockroaches here - trust me! Especially after a lot of rain they come inside - and I exterminate every 3 months!

That comment started me thinking... Have you ever seen a roach on Cozumel? I can't remember ever seeing one.
Yup. I have roach traps throughout my house and change the traps regularly but every now and again some big bugger shows up someplace where I least expect it and scares the crap out of me.

We've tried Secrets, Sunscape/Sabor, Occidental and Fiesta Americana. FA checks all the right boxes for us and is the only resort we've been to more than once on Cozumel. We are going back again for the second time this year in August. We didn't care for the food at the other resorts. The rooms are large (huge if you upgrade into a Master Suite) with great ocean views and large balconies (great for drying out wetsuits and BCDs). We've always had a jacuzzi on the balcony which was super handy for rinsing gear. Pretty decent snorkeling out front and a very short walk to the Money Bar (with a band on the weekends).

FA is $525 more than the Occidental for the same time in sept.....8 days. Does
FA have a dive shop on premises?

FA is $525 more than the Occidental for the same time in sept.....8 days. Does
FA have a dive shop on premises?

It’s a much nicer hotel (apples to oranges in my opinion) and newly renovated. Also much closer to town so about 1/2 the cab fare if you want to have dinner or go shopping and ANY dive shop will pick you up there. You’re also in a perfect location to hit all of the dive sites, not just the ones south of the Occidental.

We love staying at the El Presidente. I can not imagine that anyone would not feel very happy there. As to whether that breaks the bank or not...well, consult your banker.

The place is very nice.

Apples and oranges? I'll have to check it out next time I'm in town, but I find the Occidental a 5 star...food a 3-4...rooms 10/10 grounds 10/10 beach....10/10. Free flowing Tequila 100/100

I live in a city, so I'm fine being down south....and that $525 will cover a lot of cabs and Tacos at Mr Taco:)

This is why there so much variety to be had on this special island,

I'd shop around. Yes, there's usually a price premium between Occidental and FA but I'd be looking for somewhere around $40 more per night. Keep in mind that you only get 3 (or is it 4? can't remember atm sorry) a la carte reservations at Occidental per stay (unless you upgrade to Royal). I don't mind eating at the buffet, if that's my choice, but I really dislike being told to. Also, making reservations is difficult if you are diving mornings. We found the buffet there (Occidental) to be quite poor and ended up down the beach at Alberto's (beach bar/restaurant) several nights. FA has no limits on the a la cartes nor are reservations required.
Yes, FA have an on site dive op. Dive House, I believe. Never used them - prefer other ops.

Back
Top Bottom