Super Frustrated About Nemo Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jessesmith121

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought my nemo excel about 3 months ago. The backlight never worked correctly ( Large non light areas hiding important numbers at depth) I put 3 dives on it that weekend and took it back to the dive shop. They shipped it off for service. That was eight weeks ago. I paid a lot of money for a dive watch and now I need to buy a second one so I can go on dive trips. If I knew that my computer would be in limbo for ever I would have never bought from Mares. Why is it taking soo long to replace or fix my dive computer. I can not understand why a company would treat coustomers this way. I would love to have some anwsers.

Hi Jesse,

You are correct, it should not take eight weeks to resolve this. However I need more details to track this down. Can you PM me the name of the shop and the date that you brought it in. If they gave you the RA number, let me know this also.

Thanks,

Phil

I am working with Jesse to resolve the problem on his Nemo Excel, upon getting all the shipping details, we received the computer 4 weeks ago.

Thanks

Phil

I got my new computer today. A nemo wide. Mares must be out of stock on the excel I guess. I thought it was broken because it would not turn on. I figured it was shipped with a dead battery. I changed the battery and it fired right up. I hope that does not void my warranty. The wide calculates PPo2 for EAN did the excel? I dont remember that function, but it has been a while since I had it.

Thank you for your help Phil.

Hi Jesse,

Glad we were able to get you a comuter. To answer your specific question re: PPO2. The Nemo Excel does have this setting capability as well. In addition the Nemo Wide has a "user" replaceable battery, so you have not voided warranty. The Nemo Excel is a factory replaced battery only.

Have fun with the big numbers. In addition you can now download an upgrade to make the nemo wide a 2 gas computer, ie; switching nitrox mixes on a single dive.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom