Swampers- Custom Drysuits....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjimboalaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
TSD's,
Is there a local shop, DFW area (or Abilene) that deals in Custom Drysuits? As we are moving there in June, I am starting to budget for a drysuit and want to know how much my wallet will be violated!, since it seems I may be out of place in my 3mm....what do you guys recommend? Local?, online source?
I think I need a custom as my dimentions are NOT QUITE standard.... Jimbo

Jimbo....you might give the nice folks at www.siscuba.com/Arlington a ring....ask for Debra. She handles several lines at diff. price ranges and obv. materials and styles. Also in Dallas you might ring Randy at Lone Star Scuba. We do dive in the late fall-winter-early spring in dry suits many of us. Though your 3 mil will be great for summer. :D

I would definitely recommend trying an off-the-rack suit first unless money is no object. DUI comes by every November and lets you try their suits in one of our local quarries. There may be some DFW LDS's with rental suits you can try although the only one I know of went out of business.

DUI website- http://www.dui-online.com/calendar.htm
April 21st -22nd. Windy point, Austin TX.
(This could change or be revised without notice)
Just what is listed on their website.

I will say that the cut of the DUI have always fitted myself very well and I tend to be quite stocky.
If your on a budget- the CNSe is nothing to blow off – good suit.
My interest is in the 350tls shell suit.

Regards, Andrew

Jimbo,
I got my drysuit from Surface Interval Scuba and Debbie gave me a great price for my Bare Trilam drysuit. Anyway, good luck on your search..

Yep DUI Dog Days is going to be at Windy Point April 21-22! DUI sent me my dealer's pack of tickets and flyers just the other day. Tickets are $8.00 this year, in advance and $13 at the gate. SI Scuba will be there in full force.

Jimbo PM me your sizes, height, weight, inseam, waist and chest. Let's see what we can do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom