Taking my teenager..SOS with hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisem228

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
SOS all scuba friends, I am bringing my 15 yr old teenager for vacation and her first dives..can't decide on out of town or in town hotels. I am NOT gonna do all inclusive so any and all suggestions would be so helpful, we are gonna do the dolphin swim, and go to Isla de passion, any other ideas??? THanks..

If you aren't going to do an AI then getting to town for meals will be a factor. Stay close in like a place like Hotel Cozumel, you can walk to town for meals. Further out you will need to either get a car (and parking in town can be at a premium) or you will be spending a fair amount of money on taxis depending on just how far out you stay.

When I do a non AI trip, I stay in town or close to it.

Agree with above re staying within walking distance of the food, plus the teen just might enjoy strolling around town vs being stuck at a resort every evening. Taxi costs add up quickly when you have to use them for most of your daily meals.
Although the majority of these are for AI's there are a few albums of non AI's too, including Hotel Cozumel

Picasa Web Albums - Larry

Hi I took my 17year old daughter and her friend done a couple years ago. They wanted a private pool so I took them to Amigos bed and breakfast. They loved it and the walk to town was easy. Look them up online. Are you renting a car?

My son (now 19) and I have used Blue Angel for the last two trips. I'm a big fan of the hotel and the dive shop. The hotel has a small pool, free wifi (if she has a laptop, that is a big deal). It also has a very good on-site restaurant, which we typically use for breakfast and lunch. But their dinners are also very good.

We typically walk to town for dinner -- it takes 25 minutes or so each way, but we like it.

Enjoy

Villa Las Anclas. Check it out on TripAdvisor.com. Think it's just what you're looking for.

This is a cool place (I've stayed there several times before I was a property owner) if your kids are low maintenance. There is no pool, organized games, etc. etc. If kids are used to making their own entertainment, then it's fine.

Is there decent snorkeling at the Hotel Cozumel? What are ya'lls thoughts on Fiesta Americana and the Casa Mexicana..

Fiesta Americana is nice and the snorkeling in front isn't bad. There is no reef but when we were there in 2004 and 2005 (before Hurricane Wilma) there were some patches of coral with critters around. It's too far to walk to town so you would need to rent a car or spend the money for a taxi if you don't do AI.

In the afternoon they had volleyball and games around the large pool which could be great for teenagers. If that interests you maybe someone could verify that they still have that.

I'm taking my teenage grandsons{ages 14 and 17) from June16-23. Staying at Iberostar(it's an AI) and DWM(dive with Martin). There's loads of activities to do there and check Apple Vacations for good prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom