Tank hydro cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got service on two aluminum 80's a couple of weeks ago.

Hydro + VIP + Fill = $29 in Winter Park FL, at Dayo Scuba.

The high-priced guy was Hydro = $30, VIP = $10 and $50 for "Oxygen recleaning".

Too bad you are so far away....out tank hydro's and annual VIP's are free with the purchase of any cylinder! We are a DOT certified cylinder requalification facility and do our hydro's on-site, usually with a two-day turnaround. All our cylinders come with a Free Inspection for Life program!

i've paid that for doubles, fills included

that's pretty good for doubles seeing how you have to break them down and re-assemble them, including the fill.

Too bad you are so far away....out tank hydro's and annual VIP's are free with the purchase of any cylinder! We are a DOT certified cylinder requalification facility and do our hydro's on-site, usually with a two-day turnaround. All our cylinders come with a Free Inspection for Life program!

That's an interesting idea. Keeps the diver coming back to your shop.

(just like some shops give free air fills for the first year after you buy a tank from them. keeps them coming back to your shop instead of a competing shop and most likely you'll buy other stuff that way and create 'shop loyalty'

Tank hydro's are not done every year; they are done every 5 years. Cost: 30 USD/tank plus or minus 10 USD. I get mine done for 20 USD/tank and I have 4.

Of course all prices are location and available facilities dependent. Where are you?

Just a note, hydros are required every year in Australia. Five years in the US. Don't know where the OP is from

Nomad

Yes it works great for us, keeps our divers coming back again and again. We also have a free library in our dive center with videos, book, training manuals and more, that anyone can take out for two weeks on loan, and it's another reason to come visit us! The library is pretty extensive and grows all the time, we have all the titles listed on our website www.IndianValleyScuba.com

. We also have a free library in our dive center with videos, book, training manuals and more, that anyone can take out for two weeks on loan, and it's another reason to come visit us!

That would be nice to have at our LDS...

There are several videos and books I'd like to look at, but really don't want to keep/own them.

Wow, talk about bloated pricing...

Last time I had cylinders hydro'd it was $9.50/cylinder and I paid another $4 for the vis (the vis is actually $3 but they tack on another $1 for the new o-ring :wink:).

I just picked up a tank earlier for a vis inspection,26 dollars including a fill on a 130 cf tank. Last year I got one at the dive locker at Panama city for 9 dollars with fill. I need to visit Panama city more often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom