Tanks

Which tank do you prefer

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really depends, I often use Worthington Steel HP130s and Aluminum 80s for Decom on the tree or as a traveler. Again it really depends on the dive.

this is to just for kicks, to see why people like the tanks they have.

Last edited:
LP 108 gets a full fill on boats so I have a true 100cf+. Downside is they are heavy SOB's but no more negative than an HP100.

I think your poll is going to be a bit limited in choices for most people. I have LP108's that I bought for cave diving. When "cave filled" they hold ~300 cft of gas and I found them to have comfortable trade off of weight out of the water and buoyancy characteristics in the water.
:confused:

Man, that's one heck of a cave fill! :D

very few tanks in the running...

Your right I didn't see any tanks, reguardless the M1A2 Abrams is the best tank of all time.

You want to talk cylinders, than the Worthington hp100 is a pretty darn good pick.

:confused:

Man, that's one heck of a cave fill! :D

108/112 is the same cylinder depending on whether you're talking OMS or Faber. Look at chart in my previous link.
Apparently the difference is rated capacity.

Oms rates 112 cft @ 2640 (2400 + 10% over fill)

112 cft @ 2640 = .042 cft/psi

.042 x 3600 psi = 152 cft x 2 = ~305cft

I like the HP100 because my lovely bride uses a HP80. We can surface with the same amount of air remaining!

I love my LP121, though I'm 6'6" and 300lbs, so it trims like an AL80 does on the average joe. I'd reserve the HP100s for doubles, but like it's been said plenty on here, you'll always get a full fill on an LP. I overfill mine to 3200, and I'm good for 2 dives with the same tank.

108/112 is the same cylinder depending on whether you're talking OMS or Faber. Look at chart in my previous link.
Apparently the difference is rated capacity.

Oms rates 112 cft @ 2640 (2400 + 10% over fill)

112 cft @ 2640 = .042 cft/psi

.042 x 3600 psi = 152 cft x 2 = ~305cft

Yeah, its the 152 cft x 2 that makes all the difference. 300cft in a single cylinder is another story (usually in the "I want to see a tank explode" thread).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom