Tanks

Which tank do you prefer

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dori fish

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just asking around,
What is your personal preference and reason for choosing your steel tank, either lp or hp. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Just asking around,
What is your personal preference and reason for choosing your steel tank, either lp or hp. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

It really depends on the type diving to be enjoyed. I dive backmount LP104s, sidemount LP95s, single HP130 or LP108, and use Al40s and Al80s for stage and deco bottles. Just depends on the dive parameters.

I think your poll is going to be a bit limited in choices for most people. I have LP108's that I bought for cave diving. When "cave filled" they hold ~300 cft of gas and I found them to have comfortable trade off of weight out of the water and buoyancy characteristics in the water.

This post is just to see what people prefer and why to help out other newbie divers like myself see why people choose certain things for that particular reason.
that is all

I like my Worthington HP100 , good all around amount of air, good buoyancy characteristics, trim is easier with it, and I get good fills here and even if I only get 3000psi, it's still more than my AL80, and in a smaller package ... I sold my Al80 and purchased another HP100 , both when on sale at the local dive shop for a very good price

I use LP 108 as I was able to get them used for 1/2 the cost of new HP tanks. Other than that I'm a fan of having lower pressure (thus slightly lower wear) on my first stages, but I wouldn't have considered that as a deciding factor.

very few tanks in the running...

It really depends on the type diving to be enjoyed. I dive backmount LP104s, sidemount LP95s, single HP130 or LP108, and use Al40s and Al80s for stage and deco bottles. Just depends on the dive parameters.

Why must you complicate the issue? Just pick one! :D:D

< snickering >

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom