Tanks

Which tank do you prefer

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HP 119...gets weight off my back and holds enough for most dives I'm interested in doing.

Yeah, its the 152 cft x 2 that makes all the difference. 300cft in a single cylinder is another story (usually in the "I want to see a tank explode" thread).

Sorry, I thought it was obvious I meant doubles.

I think your poll is going to be a bit limited in choices for most people. I have LP108's that I bought for cave diving. When "cave filled" they hold ~300 cft of gas and I found them to have comfortable trade off of weight out of the water and buoyancy characteristics in the water.

I have a steel 10.5 and a steel 12.2. I prefer the 10.5 even though it is smaller. It weighs less and does me fine for nearly all of my diving. If I am doing a deeper dive I take the 12 though (or use it for second dives if I can't get fills in between :))

I like my HP Worthington X7-100s. Plenty of air, small size, 7.5" diameter and not too heavy. I've tried LP95s in the past, and liked everything but the size & 8" diameter.

Why so few choices?
here are a few to add
lp 65
lp 72
lp 80
mp 80 (3000 or 3150psi) yes there is a such thing, -8lbs empty :)
hp 80
hp120

my vote lp72, or mp80

I use LP108s as they were available in my area. There were no high pressure tanks available when I bought them.

In any case they are the right height for my torso. They trim out well in the water and I can easily reach my valves.

I also vote for LP108s. I love them underwater but as stated earlier, they are heavy! The only other doubles i have dove are 95s and I didnt like them

brett

Hp119's

I like the old steel 72s. Capacity is just about right so you stay in no decompression limits, buoyancy characteristics are good, and most any compressor can fill them to capacity. Oh, and they are cheap on the used market. I have some made in 1957 and they just pasted hydro — again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom