Taxi Fare ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 156921
View attachment 156922

OK - I've translated the taxi fares into a nice little PDF document! You can download the PDF files and print, or you can open the image files to have a look :) Obviously all destinations and combinations cannot be listed, but this should be a great guide to gauge what your fare should be from spot to spot. If you are unclear what the actual location of a place is, just post it and someone can give you an answer.

For reference, "downtown" is from Airport road to 11th from North to South, and then from Ave. 30 to the waterfront from East to West.

You can also see them here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...565668.1073741826.243089240667&type=1&theater

I am going to get the official shuttle fares from the airport tomorrow and will add them :)

View attachment 156927View attachment 156928

Can we get a MOD to make this a Sticky post - Authorized Cozumel Cab Fares

Thanks Christi!

Looks like we've been getting a good deal from Sabor at $15 USD =) IF I did my pesos/usd conversion correctly! =)

Thanks Christi!

Looks like we've been getting a good deal from Sabor at $15 USD =) IF I did my pesos/usd conversion correctly! =)

Not really Desiree - These are the new fares which went into effect after you were here last. $150 pesos is currently $12USD - so if you were paying $15 USD - they were giving you a horrible exchange (10:1) - which is why I say to pay in PESOS! THey will always give you 10:1 because it greatly benefits them! The real excahnge rate has not been 10:1 in 3 - 4 years!

Wow, how nice....!!

I must have had an old school taxista this past April. When I asked him how much to the airport from Blue Angel he said $15 dollars. When I said 150 pesos?, he said si. I gave him 150 pesos and $2 for pulling the dive bags out. Everybody was happy.

Thanks for the work on the fares, Christi. You too, DD.

I must have had an old school taxista this past April. When I asked him how much to the airport from Blue Angel he said $15 dollars. When I said 150 pesos?, he said si. I gave him 150 pesos and $2 for pulling the dive bags out. Everybody was happy.

Thanks for the work on the fares, Christi. You too, DD.
I didn't do anything but lighten the phone pic a little. Christi blew me away with her new, translated chart. :thumb:

I suspect many drivers and other businessmen use 10:1 Peso to USD because it's much easier to convert than 13:1 and then they have conversion expenses. Carrying, learning, and use Pesos is preferable - except for the time my home bud stuck me with $200USD worth of Pesos at end of trip expense splitting, when it was like 8:1 one August, then went back to 12:1 before I could get back to spend them. :mad:

Haha! No Mark :) I already had my spreadsheet set up haha - I just needed to get the chart to fill in the destinations and rates :) Took me about an hour once I got the taxi chart, then a little bit to figure out how to convert the PDF files to jpeg files - but it was a good little project! The hard part was getting the charts!

Thank you for your kind words Don! I am running over to the airport in a few minutes to get the shuttle rates to add - so watch for those tonight or tomorrow!

Christi, could you verify that these Jan 2012 airport shuttle rates are still valid?

http://home.pcisys.net/~ronlee/Scuba/Cozumel/November2008/ShuttlePriceSmall.jpg

If not could you take a picture of the new rates?

Heading over there now ron and will take a new photo

---------- Post added June 12th, 2013 at 11:46 AM ----------

Shuttle fares in hand - but I get to go diving this afternoon - so I will work on them this evening and get them posted late tonight or tomorrow! YAY - I am going diving!

Back
Top Bottom