Taxi Fare ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the taxi rate sheet!!!! Just took pictures of it with my phone!!! I will yet to figure out how to post it from phone, if not, I will upload them when I am back on my real computer :)
Email it to yourself from your phone and post it from there.

I get that Gordon - still need to be on a real computer - Sunday!

Puerta Maya has a chart of taxi fares by destination on a placard out by the taxi stands for the cruise passengers. I kept looking to see if anyone had taken a picture of the most recent, but all were older.

Casa del Mar also has a placard outside of the lobby so you can see the current fares that should be charged - do other hotels have this?

I recall that most fares went up 10 pesos or so since last year, but the rider to the airport when we were leaving from casa del mar was 170 pesos. That is what was posted outside the hotel and what the driver that we got actually charged. That seemed to have gone up a lot. maybe they built in luggage handling into the fee? 80 pesos to get downtown, but more than twice that to get to airport?

curious what the official rate sheet says.

2013-06-07 13.58.33.jpg2013-06-07 13.58.44.jpg

Not perfect - but hope it helps!

It helps a lot, thanks!

Here they are again lighter and easier to read. I am going to have to look up a lot of words to make sense, but I can do that - no problem. Just glancing over it, it seems they call the Blue Angel by a variation of its old name: "Caribbean Blu Hotel"

ed1.jpg . ed2.jpg

$290 from Sabor to the airport? Insane.

It's all they gave me! I've been super uber busy and have a busy week ahead, but will try to post some translations this week!

---------- Post added June 10th, 2013 at 02:33 PM ----------

Working on the translation and spreadsheet now! I have some free time this afternoon!!! Should be up in an hour or so!

---------- Post added June 10th, 2013 at 03:53 PM ----------

Last edited:
View attachment Cozumel Taxi Fares 2 2013.pdf
View attachment Cozumel Taxi Fares 2013.pdf

OK - I've translated the taxi fares into a nice little PDF document! You can download the PDF files and print, or you can open the image files to have a look :) Obviously all destinations and combinations cannot be listed, but this should be a great guide to gauge what your fare should be from spot to spot. If you are unclear what the actual location of a place is, just post it and someone can give you an answer.

For reference, "downtown" is from Airport road to 11th from North to South, and then from Ave. 30 to the waterfront from East to West.

You can also see them here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...565668.1073741826.243089240667&type=1&theater

I am going to get the official shuttle fares from the airport tomorrow and will add them :)

Taxi Fares 1.jpgTaxi Fares 2.jpg

Can we get a MOD to make this a Sticky post - Authorized Cozumel Cab Fares

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom