Taxi Fare ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were a taxi driver, I'd charge DandyDon for his overweight bags!

But more seriously, how strict is the compliance with the rate chart? Most tourists aren't in a position to know the posted rates and would be unlikely to argue with a cabbie quoting a higher rate. If a cabbie quoted a fare of $15 to the airport, that's probably what he'd get paid. BTW, that's what I paid from the Occidental Grand last April, bags and all.
That's 17.5 Km south, if google has it right. Coral Princess is right by the airport, 2.5 Km north of Juarez. He got screwed if the story was understood and retold correctly.

I ask my hotel clerk how much the fare should be, before I ask the driver.

I paid $10 from the Blue Angel to the airport last year. the front desk told me this was the typical price.
One day I went for a walk from Blue angel up to Aldora (one heck of a walk in the heat), and was to tired to walk back.
Hailed a cab and the price was $10 from Aldora back to blue Angel.
I agree Don should be charged with all the baggage he has.

I hope Christi gets the fare chart. Last I heard, there was one but it was far to complicated to share, so you just had to trust them. We don't taxi much but I know two taxis will quote two different rates one after the other. We tend to guess and make a stab at it. Probably passed on good fares and paid some high one.

I'd like to hear how you guys are going to spend the $3 you saved on taxi fares via this thread

I've got my fingers crossed for world peace or eliminating world hunger; don't let me down please

I'd like to hear how you guys are going to spend the $3 you saved on taxi fares via this thread

I've got my fingers crossed for world peace or eliminating world hunger; don't let me down please
I recommend against spending the proceeds at the airport Grab 'N Go if the objective is to eliminate world hunger.

I occasionally have to pay for my own drinks. Of course if you are coming to Coz, I will arrange all your taxi needs for a small $3 surcharge per trip.

Actually the most we ever saved was 270 pesos on a 10 block or so trip. about 22 bucks today. Less back then. That 270 pesos was better spent on drinking at the 2012 Carnival I think. I was stone cold sober when the taxi guy tried the 300 peso thing too!

The last time I took a taxi in Cozumel, the driver never even told me what the fare was. I just handed him what I thought it was based on my research, and he never even counted it in front of me.

Taxi's may not be super cheap, but at least the rate applies to multiple people. There are so many places in the Carribean where a short ride is like $15 per person. That's ridiculous.

There is no fee for bags Don!
This last trip the shuttle guy made me buy an extra ticket from the airport for our bags (we had three plus carry ons). Usually I tip a buck or two per bag. Not this time. He didn't come out ahead on that stunt.

This last trip the shuttle guy made me buy an extra ticket from the airport for our bags (we had three plus carry ons). Usually I tip a buck or two per bag. Not this time. He didn't come out ahead on that stunt.

Gordon, what a rip off ! This was a recent trip, yes ? Do you think this was an isolated case or is it happening often ? Did you happen to get the shuttle drivers name and/or shuttle number ?

Back
Top Bottom