Tech Diving Limited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been doing business with Joel for years, he is a stand up guy. I have been to his store, but usually do business on the internet or by phone. I would not worry too much. Send him a PM, e-mail, or give him a phone call to straighten out any problems.

Mark Vlahos

Joel, Randy, and Scott are great guys. I've bought a few things from TDL and been to the shop a couple of times, too. They will come through. Be patient. BTW, the company is Joel, Randy, and Scott. That's why some orders may take a little longer than others. I live about 5 hours away and my orders are usually at the door the next day. I also bought an analyzer. It did take longer, but that's what the ad said.

Thanks for the feedback, you guys. I'm glad to hear that you've all had good experiences with them. I ordered the analyzer over the phone in response to an email ad I got from them. I don't recall on the email ad if it said that it was pre-pay or not, I will have to see if I still have it.

Dr. B ... it's that kool-aid Trace gave me. It's good, but it makes me feel kinda different ... I woke up one day and my primary hose was seven feet long!

I was in the same boat as the OP. I was patient, but Joel didn't see the need to credit my account in a timely fashion once the order was cancelled. I finally had to go to my cc company to get the refund. I won't be doing business with TDL in the future.

I know why the items were late and I don't need any excuses as to why my cc was not credited immediately when I spoke to Randy over the phone last Friday.

cerich:
They won't stiff you. I agree however that your CC should not have been charged until it shipped.
http://www.scubaboard.com/images/icons/ph34rs.gif
Joel (owner) will see this shortly and let us all know why this happened and how he will make it up to you (which I'm 99% sure he will)

Once the original supply ran out, going ahead with additional orders (i.e. charging someones cc) when you don't have the supply is simply a bad business practice.

crpntr133:
I had the same complaint and PM'd Joel a week or so ago. If you look at their "ad" that Joel posted here and on TDS it clearly says that it is a prepay. I agree that it is crap that they are doing it this way. If your order was called in then I guess then it is their fault for not telling you this.
On the other hand I don't think that I can really complain since I have gotten a couple feebies out of Joel because of this delay. Plus I got an email and at the bottom it says that they have credited my account $15 for further shopping at TDL. I think a hose for my pony bottle is due to be ordered.

jextract:
Hey all,
I'm wondering what your experience is with Tech Diving Limited. I ordered an O2 analyzer from them on their DEMA special and my credit card was charged on 11/13/06. When I hadn't received my product by a couple of weeks ago I called them and asked about it, and asked why my card was charged. They apologized and explained that I should have been told that my card would be charged (I wasn't). They then said that because of the big response to their special that the product had been backordered and would ship out the beginning of the next week, which is almost two weeks ago now. Still nothing.

What is your experience with this company? Is this their regular way of doing business?

Without your name I can't really respond specifically but I will in general.

The sale we ran on analyzers in November was huge. So huge that it knocked our socks off. When we run specials on some products it clearly is a PRE-PAID order and it is so stated. That means once the order is in we will charge the account and put it in shipping department. We do this so we have an accurate count on serious orders and non-serious orders. (I cant tell you how many people place orders and their CC does not work.) On these particular items they were at a never before seen price and a never again going to be seen price. Orders stripped out our inventory faster than we could keep up with manufacturing new units. We then got caught without sensors, that took a few weeks of backlog.

30 more units went out yesterday and we expect to be caught up with all the units by next week.

The other day I sent an email to all our clients that were still not shipped units and appologized for the delay and provided them with a $15 credit for future orders.

Suffice to say I will NEVER put these units out at that price again. So those who got them got a killer deal.

In the future if you have a question on an order the best place to come is directly to me. All things end up in my lap anyway so you may as well come right to the top (or bottom) you can find me at joel@techdivinglimited.com or my cell phone 928-230-3680.

Ho Ho Ho .....

Regards,

Dan Gibson:
Once the original supply ran out, going ahead with additional orders (i.e. charging someones cc) when you don't have the supply is simply a bad business practice.

I thought the same thing but for the price I'm not going to complain. I think Joel figured out that he screwed up and he as at least tried to make ammends. Most companies would have said...Sucks to be you but in the mean time we are using your money.

I'm sure Joel got the runaround from his suppliers. That is par for the course so I won't say Joel screwed up on that. The problem is one needs to know the supply will be there to fill orders. If the supply is not there, better communication (i.e. updates to the customer) needs to happen in a timely fashion.

I have no problem that TDL charged my cc. I also have no problem that Joel was swamped and the supplier was the reason for the delay. Had I received better information from TDL, I would have arranged for a borrowed analyzer until mine arrived. Things went too long (I was informed that I was to receive mine in plenty of time for my trip) and I was forced into buying one locally when it didn't come. At that point, there was no longer a need for another analyzer. Randy seemed to understand this over the phone and promised to credit my card immediately. Credit cards should be credited immediately (possible per my cc company). Several days later when I called my cc company to start the dispute process to ensure I would be credited, the credit had not been initiated. That is what I found to be unacceptable.

crpntr133:
I thought the same thing but for the price I'm not going to complain. I think Joel figured out that he screwed up and he as at least tried to make ammends. Most companies would have said...Sucks to be you but in the mean time we are using your money.

Legit complaint in my book.

Dan Gibson:
Randy seemed to understand this over the phone and promised to credit my card immediately. Credit cards should be credited immediately (possible per my cc company). Several days later when I called my cc company to start the dispute process to ensure I would be credited, the credit had not been initiated. That is what I found to be unacceptable.

I don't presume to speak for Joel, but credit card credits from smaller businesses are not "immediate", at least not in terms that you would see. When a card credit is issued, the information is stored in the credit card machine. At the end of the day, it is "batched" to a third party credit card processor. It often takes 2 to 4 days for your bank to get notice of the credit from the processor. So in that regard, immediate action by the merchant may take several days to get around to your account. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Back
Top Bottom