Tech Diving Limited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't dispute the end of day processing. Although I won't see the info on my account, once it is processed (according to my cc company), they can tell if it has been initiated.

PhilEllis:
I don't presume to speak for Joel, but credit card credits from smaller businesses are not "immediate", at least not in terms that you would see. When a card credit is issued, the information is stored in the credit card machine. At the end of the day, it is "batched" to a third party credit card processor. It often takes 2 to 4 days for your bank to get notice of the credit from the processor. So in that regard, immediate action by the merchant may take several days to get around to your account. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Just to update, I got home from my vacation and found my analyzer shipment on my front step. While it took longer than I was led to believe, I wanted to let you all know that TDL made good. Thanks to all for your feedback, and thanks for responding, Joel.

Jextract, you don’t know how lucky you are: it only took six weeks to get your o2 analyzer from TDL. I ordered one about the same time and still don’t have it. It has now been a full three months since I placed my order and since TDL charged my credit card. Ten phone calls to TDL have produced nine predictions that “they should be in next week.” Joel made a similar prediction on this board back on Dec 22:

JS1scuba:
30 more units went out yesterday and we expect to be caught up with all the units by next week.

Only once did I actually talk with Joel. Our conversation was not very productive; he was very short with me and basically said, (paraphrasing) ‘take a refund or continue to be patient.’ TDL has made no effort at any type of communication (email/customer updates) in the last two months.

I ceased calling TDL about three weeks ago; it seems useless. Regretfully, I have stooped to publicly posting messages such as this in an effort to encourage TDL to do what ever it takes to fulfill their obligations to their customers.

Searching around the various boards, it appears that TDL usually has happy customers. Perhaps this is an isolated incident, or perhaps I am the one being unreasonable? It seems to me, though, that three months is long enough to build those things in China and ship them over here in a row boat. Furthermore, for more than a month, the TDL website has been showing that this item is in stock available to ship Jan 7. Maybe the in-stock units are being held to sell at a full price.

Finally, I’ve been diving long enough to have accumulated a lot of gear. I have purchased from LDSs, internet shops, and many sellers on E-bay; this experience with TDL is absolutely the worse experience I have ever had on a dive gear purchase. TDL accepted orders and charged credit cards for many units they could not deliver in a reasonable amount of time. IMO, this is very bad business. If I have misrepresented anything in what is posted above, I certainly invite Joel to set the record straight.
Steve Sullivan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom