Teric Battery Drain - When OFF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never turn off the AI and/or compass, just turn it off with the light button, off is off.

I never turn off the AI and/or compass, just turn it off with the light button, off is off.

The OFF button is to just turn off the display. That top-left button is called LIGHT button for that reason. If you move it around like wearing it on your wrist, it'll run the compass and AI will search for the transmitter connection if they are not OFF.

On Page 72/88 of Teric manual:
"Off AI sub-system is completely powered down and consumes no power. When on, AI increases power consumption by about 10%.

Leaving AI enabled when not in use will negatively impact battery life. When a paired transmitter is not communicating, the Teric goes into a higher power scan state. This increases power consumption to about 25% higher than with AI off. Once communications are established, power drops to about 10% higher than with AI off."

The OFF button is to just turn off the display. If you move it around like wearing it on your wrist, it'll run the compass and search for the transmitter connection if they are not OFF.

On Page 72/88 of Teric manual:
Off AI sub-system is completely powered down and consumes no power. When on, AI increases power consumption by about 10%.
When either of mine are off, using the light button the charge holds for weeks, I charge once a month or less. I also only use the supplied charger since QI chargers seemed to cause battery damage, never read the manual but a lot of things have been learned since these came out and I don’t know if they updated.

When either of mine are off, using the light button the charge holds for weeks, I charge once a month or less. I also only use the supplied charger since QI chargers seemed to cause battery damage, never read the manual but a lot of things have been learned since these came out and I don’t know if they updated.

First thing I did, when I got it, was to read the manual. It’s so well written. I read it twice, the whole 88 pages. You’ll enjoy reading it. Unlike the SUUNTO horrible manual that put me to sleep many times and still scratching my head to understand what they’re talking about.

The top-left button is called LIGHT button for that reason.

I have Yootech wireless charging pad for my iPhone 11PM. It charges my Teric nicely too. I place the Teric flat on the pad before bed and the Teric was fully charged in the morning.

First thing I did, when I got it, was to read the manual. It’s so well written. I read it twice, the whole 88 pages. You’ll enjoy reading it. Unlike the SUUNTO horrible manual that put me to sleep many times and still scratching my head to understand what they’re talking about.

The top-left button is called LIGHT button for that reason.
And shearwater pointed out in threads that the “off” from the light button is the same off as the menu, I checked it out on both of my Teric’s and that appears to be the case, also once in watch mode compass and AI are off, also from shearwater.

And shearwater pointed out in threads that the “off” from the light button is the same off as the menu, I checked it out on both of my Teric’s and that appears to be the case, also once in watch mode compass and AI are off, also from shearwater.

Then why would they recommend us to do the following?

Thanks for contacting us. And sorry you're having some trouble with your Teric battery.
We have a test you can try to quantify the problem. If you can, please try the below and let us know the results and we'll go from there.

- Turn off AI & compass in Dive Mode
- Charge Teric to 100%
- Remove Teric from the charger and turn it off
- leave Teric off for 48 hours
- Check if the battery %
- If lower than 92% the unit should be serviced

Let us know if you have any questions.

Then why would they recommend us to do the following?
When was this recommendation made? It surely can’t hurt when testing to make sure everything is off but I haven’t found it necessary.

You need to turn off the AI and Compass before turning the Teric off.
I assume you know this to be true so I am kind of wondering why Shearwater did not design the Teric so it knew what the State of the AI and compass before powering off and then stored that it memory and then shut them down during the power off. When the unit is turned back on it should return the Compass and AI back to their original states.

When was this recommendation made? It surely can’t hurt when testing to make sure everything is off but I haven’t found it necessary.
Its in the manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom