Thanks Lynne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
People who remember me when I was more active on scubaboard may have noticed that I was away for about a year. There was a health realated reason for that, which I won't get into here except to say that it's over. (although it hasn't left me unchanged... LOL).

From November 2007 and throughout the last year I've had occasional contact with TSandM (Lynne) to whom I owe a deep debt of gratitude. Her support and friendship went well beyond any expectation I could have had of someone who I really only knew because of this forum.

Lynne, I've never met you in real life but you've proven to me that bonds of real friendship can still grow from 1/2 a world away and through nothing more than the written word. I don't have to tell you that you have a powerful personality but I do want you know know that it's a pleasure to know you. It meant a lot to me that you kept in touch last year and kept telling me that you missed seeing me here.

It also didn't go unnoticed that as soon as I made my first recent post that you were the first one to PM me to welcome me back. This is typical of how you get involved with people and I deeply appreciated that.

Thank you.

I also want to extend a word of thanks to other people who PM'd me or mentioned/made clear that they noticed my return. I wasn't expecting that at all. With so many members, I thought I was pretty much invisible in the fray. Don, Rachel, Bill, Bob, Laurens to name a few. You made it feel like a home-coming. Thanks.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

R..

Some people laugh at the whole "internet friends" thing, but I've found that the friends I've made here on ScubaBoard, some of whom I have met, many I have never met, all are true friends, willing to go out of their way to help, or to just be friendly, and are some of the best people anywhere

Welcome back and Merry Christmas :)

And I'll add my Kudos to Lynne too, she has some of the most thoughtful, insightful threads here

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Thank you, Rob!

When I first came on SB, there were a number of people who immediately struck me as worth listening to. I went back through the threads they'd started, and I learned a lot. People like you, and Doc Intrepid, and Uncle Pug, and Bob (NW Grateful Diver) and others furthered my education enormously. In particular, I value your ability to step into the middle of a thread and ask a question that makes me sit back on my haunches and completely rethink the issue. ("What made you call this an emergency?", comes to mind.)

Some of the people I owe so much to, I have managed to meet in person. Some have become very close personal friends, despite the physical distances between us. Others are on my "still to meet" list. So, when are you coming to Vancouver to visit again? :D

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Thank you, Rob!

When I first came on SB, there were a number of people who immediately struck me as worth listening to. I went back through the threads they'd started, and I learned a lot. People like you, and Doc Intrepid, and Uncle Pug, and Bob (NW Grateful Diver) and others furthered my education enormously.

OMG..... I'm in the company of giants. The fact is, and I hope you realise that, that since then YOU have become the master.....

In particular, I value your ability to step into the middle of a thread and ask a question that makes me sit back on my haunches and completely rethink the issue. ("What made you call this an emergency?", comes to mind.)

The one thing I hope I haven't lost in the last year is the ability to drop just these kinds of questions...... :)

Some of the people I owe so much to, I have managed to meet in person. Some have become very close personal friends, despite the physical distances between us. Others are on my "still to meet" list. So, when are you coming to Vancouver to visit again? :D

I'm not sure but I'm 100% sure that the next time I make the trip I'll dive 800km out of my way to meet you and Peter :)

R..

i was pleased to see you again, too, rob, and i'm glad your health issue is resolved.

welcome back!

i was pleased to see you again, too, rob, and i'm glad your health issue is resolved.

welcome back!

Thank you. :) How's your baby doing? He had a bit of a rough start, eh?

R..

rob, he's doing great. he just learned to walk this week, and turned 2 dec 1. off oxygen, off many of his meds, give his thread a look for the news the past year. :)

I thought I was pretty much invisible in the fray.
Not a chance... :D

Your absence was noted but that in itself is not strange, I get a few messages weekly in Site Support requesting a new password/user name since they have forgotten their old info in the years that they were away.

Good to hear you're back to being yourself.

BTW, merry Christmas to you too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom