The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always to the supervisor/manager in situations like this, and do not take no for an answer.

As far as the buying online, I have bought quite a bit but would not dream of depending on it for a trip in a few days. That is why LDSs cost more, they have a store near you. I don't think the used was too good an idea either online but an upcoming trip. You never know....

I would just express order another one just like I want and send the other back, or go to the LDS.

Tommy

:( ....well, I did it, I ordered 2 Mares Axis regs, 2 Axis octos, 2 Tusa 3 gage analog consoles online at leisurepro.com. All arrived within 7 days of clicking 'send' at their site checkout page. Took me and the wifee about another three days after delivery to get in the pool and check everything out. As you've probably figured out by now, all is not well, surprise. I did it with full knowledge of the risks involved with internet dive equipment sales so, this post is not about any whining. (hey, the price was right!) Everthing was brand new, original boxes with all associated paperwork, ie; manuals, warranty, etc.
One secondary free falls all the time, though I was able to go through a few skills before it progressively became worse, mostly just a nuisance, but I would not take it to the open water.
My wifes secondary makes a loud squealing noise when inhaling deeply.
Consoles and octos appear to operate as advertised.
Contacted LP and was told to retrun it(I live in TX btw)and they'd have their tech check it out, repair it or replace it. I mailed them out today.
Will keep everyone posted on outcome, positive or negative...

I also buyed Mares Dragon Fly AirTrim on 2002/03/06 at LeisurePeo.

At that time, I am on business trip.
so I checked one month later on swimming pool.

I found some problem my BC. air canot out.

I returned it to LeisurePro....
but I still waiting there response until now. 2002/10/12
I send several time e-mail, they make me still wait.

I agree there price is very nice. but repair process ???
It looks not so good.

Is there anyone to buy something online ?
strongly consider repair process.

....sorry, that's free flow, excuse the spelling

tone once bubbled...
:( ....well, I did it, I ordered 2 Mares Axis regs, 2 Axis octos, 2 Tusa 3 gage analog consoles online at leisurepro.com. All arrived within 7 days of clicking 'send' at their site checkout page. Took me and the wifee about another three days after delivery to get in the pool and check everything out. As you've probably figured out by now, all is not well, surprise. I did it with full knowledge of the risks involved with internet dive equipment sales so, this post is not about any whining. (hey, the price was right!) Everthing was brand new, original boxes with all associated paperwork, ie; manuals, warranty, etc.
One secondary free falls all the time, though I was able to go through a few skills before it progressively became worse, mostly just a nuisance, but I would not take it to the open water.
My wifes secondary makes a loud squealing noise when inhaling deeply.
Consoles and octos appear to operate as advertised.
Contacted LP and was told to retrun it(I live in TX btw)and they'd have their tech check it out, repair it or replace it. I mailed them out today.
Will keep everyone posted on outcome, positive or negative...
Its not uncommon for new gear to need minor adjustments.. If possible I would recommend a basic service tech class most adjustments need very liitle tools and are quite easy.. I recomment all divers to have an intermediate pressure guage to check their regs especially after a period of non use.. many regs can have the IP adjusted externally quite easily, second stage freeflows (assuming the IP is correct)can usually be solved my a minor adjustment through a port on the second stage..

I sell Inspiration rebreathers and 2 of them (so far) had the bailout reg slightly freeflowing... upon checkout the 1st stage (apeks) ip was aboout 10 psi too high on one a simple adjustment with an allen key solved that one.... the second needed about 1/2 turn of an adjustment screw within the second stage...

The problem is that most regs straight from the factory are not broken in long enough (also goes for many regs straight from service thats why adjustments are frequently needed).. it takes some working on the 1st stage for it to settle at its final ip adjustment.. Squealing is present on some regs when the IP is out of range...

I don't know which first stage you purchased but the MR12 is wasily adjustable with an allen key... If i remember correctly the MR16 is also the same way..

I received the same regs. from Leasure Pro last week. Upon receiving them I took them into my LDS and got a performance checkup on them. It cost me $10.00 or $20.00 and about 15 minutes of my time to make some adjustments and make sure everything was working fine. I would suggest if you are thinking about buying online, to have your new equipment checked out before you use it.

what Padi said....

None of this stuff is likely to be serious, and most if not all of it is correctable in just a few minutes.

Its also pretty much expected, whether you buy locally or not. The reason is that the seats take a bit of time to reach their final "set" once newly installed, and until you use the reg for a while it won't settle down.

Also, out of water many seconds will make some funny noises on both inhale and exhale. This will go away in the water. If you've tested it in air only, then you don't know what the situation will be underwater. Go find a pool and check that one out.

The freeflowing one, assuming it has no external adjustments, is probably a less-than-five-minute adjustment to fix.

You might want to learn how to check this stuff and make these kinds of minor adjustments, because whether you buy locally or online most LDSs will only take care of stuff like this for you "free" once. After that you're going to get nicked here and there for the time, be without the reg in some cases for a few days (which can be real bad if you need it tomorrow!) or simply get banged into having the entire thing overhauled (at your expense) when its not really necessary.

Learn how this stuff works. Its not difficult; the "that's too hard" game is just a way for the LDS to intimidate. Regs are really very simple devices and once you understand how they work checking the basics and minor adjustments are both not something to fear and a skill that will eventually keep you from having to rent a sub-standard reg for a trip or keep you able to dive on a boat some day when you have a minor malfunction that would otherwise force you to stay dry.

I don't know which first stage you purchased but the MR12 is wasily adjustable with an allen key... If i remember correctly the MR16 is also the same way.. [/B][/QUOTE]

....I would love to be able to make minor adjustments or service my own gear! Makes more since to me....

Genesis once bubbled...
what Padi said....

Learn how this stuff works. Its not difficult; the "that's too hard" game is just a way for the LDS to intimidate. Regs are really very simple devices and once you understand how they work checking the basics and minor adjustments are both not something to fear and a skill that will eventually keep you from having to rent a sub-standard reg for a trip or keep you able to dive on a boat some day when you have a minor malfunction that would otherwise force you to stay dry.

I have no fear when it comes to technical workings of things, that's actually one of my stengths. Makes way more since to me to service and make minor adjustments on one's own equipment.
Think of it like a skydiver packing his own parachute :wink:

Nobody on the planet cares about your regulator working properly as much as you do.

Even if the tech at your shop is a grizzled old salt and has done thousands, if he screws up yours will he take YOUR place on the bottom of the ocean? No? Gee, don't you think you might want to DO YOUR OWN, and check your own, so that you KNOW it was done right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom