The manifold is in!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd:
I'm doing it because I already have 10 AL80's. I don't to buy more air storage for the dives I'm doing. Also I know what Chads steel 104's are like doubled up and thats just way to much weight for me unless I hire a crane every time I go diving :D If I didn't already have the tanks or if the dives I plan to do really required the kind of air supply that 104's or biggger have then I would get those. I do have an AL30 and I might get that 50 from LL's friend which would be plenty for deco gases for the dives I plan to do.

You be Mo, Chris will be Larry and I'll be Curly:D

In your case it seems like a good idea to double up, but not for weight. 104's I agree, wayyy to heavy for me.

Wise guy aye?? yuckk, yuck, yuck.

The tanks are doubled up! The valves are no big deal just need to keep things oriented as they were upon arrival. Installing the crossbar is the delicate part. alignment needs to be spot on to prevent stripping the threads. Avery light touch is needed when turning the crossbar so you can detect the slightest resistance.

The bands are in place and secure. Just need to recall exactly how the BP/wing are set up and the routing of the webbing. I had a diagram of the webbing but can no longer find it.:( The back plate and webbing came from FredT.

jbd:
The bands are in place and secure. Just need to recall exactly how the BP/wing are set up and the routing of the webbing. I had a diagram of the webbing but can no longer find it.:( The back plate and webbing came from FredT.

This is for the DSS plate, but most of the instructions will also apply to the FredT. The only additional part I can think of is the FredT harness will probably require a tri-glide against the back of the plate on the lower right and left where the harness threads through to keep it from shifting. The DSS plate does not require these because it has the elastomer grommets molded onto the plate.

http://deepseasupply.com/page24.html

I've got a really good word document on webbing your backplate. Since I don't
know if I'm allowed to post it shoot me your e-mail on pm and I'll send it over.

Thanks for the link!!! I had managed to gete most of the way there but from the link I got the preliminary adjustments. Last thing to do now is get the through bolts adjusted so they don't poke holes in the dry suit and me:D

Ah the fun of the new toys. :D

WHEN is the inaugural dip?

WB, hyatt181, and I are going to pop into Joe's tomorrow. :)
I called him and let him know that we'll be there around 11am.

Any one else showing up? Or are you all working on assemblying your doubles?
(I bought both my sets already put together :D My new set even came with gas. :wink: )

pennypue:
WHEN is the inaugural dip?

WB, hyatt181, and I are going to pop into Joe's tomorrow. :)
I called him and let him know that we'll be there around 11am.

Any one else showing up? Or are you all working on assemblying your doubles?
(I bought both my sets already put together :D My new set even came with gas. :wink: )

Doubles should be in on Tuesday. Looks like with the weather I will be working Friday this week so it means that mine probably won't be assembled till sometime Sunday at the earliest. Plate should be in by Friday as well.AAUUUUGGGGHHHHH.

Went to the LDS for fills for Sunday and mentioned the doubles. (he thought the 85's were heavy). Booooyyy did I get a dirty look. The next remark was "Well, I guess you will be diving caves before too long". Of course this was in a snotty voice.

IDC is looking at changing their Easter egg hunt to the weekend after Easter and making it at Natural Springs. Chris, that might not be a bad time to think about trying out our doubles. Nobody around to make fun of us, that we know, and maybe the hot tub will be up and running so we can soak after the dive. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom