The more gear you have....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheaper than taking up flying & getting his/her Lear Jets.....:)

Wait 'till you get the scooter bug...
My scooter was cheap, but I preformed a few upgrades.

Let me tell you about all of the camera gear you can buy.
I can't afford the dang housing for my DSLR yet :shakehead:

Wait until you realize how much more often you can dive if you just owned a boat...
Traded a full hog kit for my boat. Then about 70 hours later it was ready to rock.

They told me, "Once you buy all your gear, diving is a pretty cheap sport." They neglected to tell me that you are NEVER done buying all your gear!
Please tell me isn't so??

You all forgot the compressor and bank system :D Sure is nice being able to fill your tanks whenever you want.

Our gear suited our needs perfectly, but there was still that annoying issue of my husband's air consumption. I would always have at least 15 minutes of air left when we had to end the dive.

Women air consumption is always lower than men air consumption. A man has, normally, a heavier body and higher air needs than a woman.

Five sets of doubles, four deco bottles, four single tanks, six BPs, five wings, a dozen or so regulators, five HID lights, not to mention masks, fins, hoods, boots, reels, spools, SMBs . . . Yeah, I empathize.

They told me, "Once you buy all your gear, diving is a pretty cheap sport." They neglected to tell me that you are NEVER done buying all your gear!

I don't even want to figure out how much you pay for VIPs and hydros...

Overheard on a beach as I was entering the water:

"Oh, look! A scuba diver! Scuba diving is for rich people who have nothing better to do with their time."

My first rig was a converted tank (J-valve), a piece of rope, one second stage, one first stage, Sm Jet Fins, and a mask. No BC, no wetsuit, no booties, no SPG and no depth gauge. BOY THAT WAS FUN! :D

Back
Top Bottom