The problem with SCUBA diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in the same boat. I love this sport. Like dburg said, when I'm down there every problem I have just goes away. For that 45min-1hour I am free. It's like I was meant to be down there.

It's like I was meant to be down there.

You were ... we all were ... but then, evolution happened ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Um you're really addicted when you start deciding the new piece of gear is more important than say a bill.... Done that been there, I mean you can pay the bill next check...right?

Used to e able to...now ... :rofl3:

I understand your addiction, but to me it is still fun at 500 dives, with more than 300 in the same quarry. I can always find new areas to explore or skills that need brushing up on to keep me occupied & happy. As long as I am learning something (which I do on every dive I make) it is still fun to me.

Oh no, I'm not saying its not fun, but more like.. even if its not fun, I just HAVE TO dive.

I tell myself I'm doing this for the exercise but that certainly isn't the case. I just need to do this to get my mind "right".

Thats it! You just summed that up for me!

You know, I think this is really what I like about diving. When I am diving, everything above water tends to go away. I am focused on diving. I dont think about work, or bills or politics or... There are very few things I do for fun that focus me as much as what I've found diving does.

And you know what else? This is the perfect thing together to do with your partner. You can still forge a strong bond without the mindless conversations, naggings and arguments :D

Last edited:
pssst...hey man....you got some nitrox??

i just need 2000psi....

c'mon man

my buddies waiting in the truck

hurry up! hurry up!!

Sorry ma'am, no nitrox, just the regular stuff. Last 3000psi, want it?

It's so addicting to me that I'm in the process of buying a house in San Carlos, Mexico so I can save money on the hotel. LOL

And you know what else? This is the perfect thing together to do with your partner. You can still forge a strong bond without the mindless conversations, naggings and arguments :D

Well, she would love to get certified, but she has a few medical issues she needs to take care of before it would be ok for her to dive..

Back
Top Bottom