The Sea Hunters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The Sea Hunters on History Channel today 7PM
Diving off Nova Scotia at the crash site of the Swiss Air plane in Peggy's Cove on a previously unknown submarine

Thanks for the info!!

I love dive shows. It was the Cousteau specials that got me interested in diving when I was a kid, and I finally got around to doing it three years ago.

Thanks again. I will enjoy it I'm sure! Hope you do to.

diverindeep:
Thanks for the info!!

I love dive shows. It was the Cousteau specials that got me interested in diving when I was a kid, and I finally got around to doing it three years ago.

Thanks again. I will enjoy it I'm sure! Hope you do to.
I had similar reasons to start diving :wink:

I've dove this sub last year and this year. Great dive. I seen the Sea Hunter's show and they did a good job on it as well. I got footage from it last year and my dive buddy shot pictures of it this year.
Jason

Kennedydive:
I've dove this sub last year and this year. Great dive. I seen the Sea Hunter's show and they did a good job on it as well. I got footage from it last year and my dive buddy shot pictures of it this year.
Jason
Any charters to the sub?

Usually 1-2 a year. The great thing about the charter business around here is that all I have to do is give one of two Cap't a call and tell them I want to dive the sub and that I can get enough divers 8 min 13 max to make the trip worthwhile and away we go. It's a minimum of a two-hour steam to the wreck from the boat we normally dive from. From Peggy's Cove, which is a major tourist attraction here, it is only 25 minutes. I'd rather the longer steam and dive with a skipper that knows what deeper diving is about.
Here are a few pictures taken of the sub.
Jason

Just finnished watching the show... one of their better ones I'd have to say.

Where do you normally leave port from? Last time we werre down there, we dove from a boat owned by Bill Flowers. Who is a former commercial diver, I think he dove the oil rigs in the N. Atlantic so he knows what decompression diving is all about.

Dave

Kennedydive:
Usually 1-2 a year. The great thing about the charter business around here is that all I have to do is give one of two Cap't a call and tell them I want to dive the sub and that I can get enough divers 8 min 13 max to make the trip worthwhile and away we go. It's a minimum of a two-hour steam to the wreck from the boat we normally dive from. From Peggy's Cove, which is a major tourist attraction here, it is only 25 minutes. I'd rather the longer steam and dive with a skipper that knows what deeper diving is about.
Jason

Kennedydive:
Jason
Nice, Thanks for sharing.

Silverback:
Just finnished watching the show... one of their better ones I'd have to say.

Where do you normally leave port from? Last time we werre down there, we dove from a boat owned by Bill Flowers. Who is a former commercial diver, I think he dove the oil rigs in the N. Atlantic so he knows what decompression diving is all about.

Dave

We usually leave from Sambro. I just found out last week that Bill has on his website that he will do charters to that wreck. I've yet to dive off his boat and was unaware of his background. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to have a word with him this winter.
Jason

Speaking of those olde Cousteau shows....... any idea where some of them might be hiding??????
I've got a bunch of the books, but it would be great to be able to get my hands on some of the tapes to watch (and put onto DVD so I can watch over and over again)....
He was also my inspiration to start diving........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom