The Sea Hunters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so this is not the U-215, that was found and dove on.. in 270 ft.. of nova scotia?? Are we talking bout two different u- boats off the coast. Have a semi fascination with diving u-boats. Dove the U-853 off block island a half dozen times. and want to gain experience to do deeper dives on some other u-boats. Thanks for the information.

And I love all the diving shows, that are now on TV..While some are better than others, i'm disappointed that "Sea hunters" isn't on tv south of the border. History channel shows "Deep Sea Detectives", but "Sea Hunters".. sounds like it's pretty good too.. anyone, have them on a computer.. ???? and want to burn a copy.. lol..lol

busraider1:
so this is not the U-215, that was found and dove on.. in 270 ft.. of nova scotia?? Are we talking bout two different u- boats off the coast. Have a semi fascination with diving u-boats. Dove the U-853 off block island a half dozen times. and want to gain experience to do deeper dives on some other u-boats. Thanks for the information.

The pictures and the sub we are referring to is a British sub off Halifax scuttled at the end of the war.
Jason

National Geographic Channel use to carry the Sea Hunters as well. It usually runs a season there before History Television picks it up. And I'm too cheap to buy that extra package to my already expensive cable bill.
Jason

Did anyone catch the report on 'discovery canada' about the two Navy ships who did the sidescan work earlier this summer ? There were threads on it few months back when it happened but I caught a few minutes of it last week sometime on the box.

For all the U boat hunters willing to hop the atlantic , the UK has a few subs within recreational depths that local charters frequent. A WWI Uboat (UC-47 ) that was sunk off the coast of Yorkshire, another WWI Uboat (UB-81) off of Portsmouth harbour (sorry not the Kingston version), UB-107 off the coast of Scarborough (again the original, not the ontario version) and a RN pre WWII sub (HMS M2) that sank in an accident during tests to launch its seaplane in the english channel near Portland. If anyone ever goes to Portsmouth be sure to visit the MaryRose exhibit, a warship of Henry VIII that was raised in 1982 after 400 plus years at the bottom of the Solent. I visited it in 1984 and 1999, the latter trip convinced me to get into diving for myself.

Keep in mind that for Toronto area residents its usually cheaper to fly to the UK than Vancouver, and all of the sunken subs are within a 3-4 hour drive of Londons two major airports.

busraider1:
Nope although it was the Sea Hunters who I believe found the U-215 and dove it... It will be one of next season shows I hear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom