Thinking about Belize, Where to stay? What is there to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like Ambergris Caye Belize will fit what you are looking for. You can dine while your wife enjoys town or beach. Lots of great snorkeling available for her as well.

I absolutely love AC, and Fido's is my favorite restaurants in the tropics. And AC also has a number of other nice quality restaurants, but other than diving and eating I just don't see much to do on the island other than laying by the pool or beach, after you made one trip into town to check it out.

As I said I love AC, I'd go back in a minute, just make sure you really know what is and isn't there, and what you and your wife are looking for in a vacation.

I absolutely love AC, and Fido's is my favorite restaurants in the tropics. And AC also has a number of other nice quality restaurants, but other than diving and eating I just don't see much to do on the island other than laying by the pool or beach, after you made one trip into town to check it out.

As I said I love AC, I'd go back in a minute, just make sure you really know what is and isn't there, and what you and your wife are looking for in a vacation.

We aren't opposed to quiet and peaceful. How big is town? is it generally within walking distance? Is it safe for a woman, during the day, to go and look around? My wife likes to do a little shopping etc. We just came back from a stay on Roatan. We did go into town 1 afternoon. But other than that she didn't even leave the resort. She claims to have had a good time. We don't need a lot of busy stuff, relaxing and a little exploring would be great. We don't mind having a couple drinks but are not interested in partying every night either. Is there organized tours of the caye? Thanks for your help.

We aren't opposed to quiet and peaceful. How big is town? is it generally within walking distance? Is it safe for a woman, during the day, to go and look around? My wife likes to do a little shopping etc. We just came back from a stay on Roatan. We did go into town 1 afternoon. But other than that she didn't even leave the resort. She claims to have had a good time. We don't need a lot of busy stuff, relaxing and a little exploring would be great. We don't mind having a couple drinks but are not interested in partying every night either. Is there organized tours of the caye? Thanks for your help.

Well town is like this, three streets run north and south; front street faces the ocean, middle street is duh in the middle and back street faces the lagoon looking toward the mainland. But it is long, several miles. There are a bunch of resorts within a mile of town, a pleasant walk up the street or along the beach. There are also a bunch of resorts north of town over the bridge that are not really walking dsitance, but are golf cart distance. It is definitely safe in town for a woman. There are a few interesting shops in town, good bakery (Ruby's) and an ocean front church I always like to look at. Lot's of good food places. Not sure about an organized tour, I'm sure there is, or just rent a golf cart for the afternoon and take off on your own. It's also fairly easy to take the ferry to Caye Caulker for the day. Day trips to the mainland are available but they generally do take all day, but you could dive all day and she could explore. Don't get me wrong San Pedro is a cute little town, I find it very relaxing, though March can be a little busy.

Here is one of several good websites on AC. http://www.ambergriscaye.com/

Last edited:
Almost right. "Back Street" isn't actually facing the lagoon, but there is a fourth street that does that. It's just not part of the mainstream commercial town. And there is now a real bakery THE BAKER - Your International Bakery in Belize :: Welcome ::, recently opened by an Austrian/Russian couple and filling a need that many people didn't realise existed but know now. I've never heard of an organised tour but it's hardly needed.

Well town is like this, three streets run north and south; front street faces the ocean, middle street is duh in the middle and back street faces the lagoon looking toward the mainland. But it is long, several miles. There are a bunch of resorts within a mile of town, a pleasant walk up the street or along the beach. There are also a bunch of resorts north of town over the bridge that are not really walking dsitance, but are golf cart distance. It is definitely safe in town for a woman. There are a few interesting shops in town, good bakery (Ruby's) and an ocean front church I always like to look at. Lot's of good food places. Not sure about an organized tour, I'm sure there is, or just rent a golf cart for the afternoon and take off on your own. It's also fairly easy to take the ferry to Caye Caulker for the day. Day trips to the mainland are available but they generally do take all day, but you could dive all day and she could explore. Don't get me wrong San Pedro is a cute little town, I find it very relaxing, though March can be a little busy.

Here is one of several good websites on AC. Belize Vacations, Tours, Resorts, News, Hotels, Travels, Flights, Weather, Maps, Real Estate

This sounds like what were looking for. Sounds great. Thanks for the information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom