this could start an all out war!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am not DIR, but I do use Miflex hoses, and I would guess that it would be more difficult to route Miflex hoses in the way that I understand DIR divers like to route them because of the "floaty" factor.

I bungee my long hose to my right tank (see photo below), which works well for me, but if I did an S-drill at the start of every dive (which I think the DIR guys who), it would be a bee-yatch to restow it afterwards. Hence I am not expecting an e-mail from Mr Jablonski advising me that he will be copying my trend setting style going forwards.

Entering_Rio_de_Janeiro_Maru.jpg

One possible concideration is air contamination. that is the chemicals built into the hoses poisoning a diver.

Treating this not as a troll.......what makes you say there are poisonous chemicals given off of Miflex hoses in use? I am sure the manufacturers would love to hear this. Too many people out there using them for your consideration to carry much weight.

Am not DIR, but I do use Miflex hoses, and I would guess that it would be more difficult to route Miflex hoses in the way that I understand DIR divers like to route them because of the "floaty" factor.

I bungee my long hose to my right tank (see photo below), which works well for me, but if I did an S-drill at the start of every dive (which I think the DIR guys who), it would be a bee-yatch to restow it afterwards. Hence I am not expecting an e-mail from Mr Jablonski advising me that he will be copying my trend setting style going forwards.

View attachment 99221
I think you're lost...this is the DIR forum. If you'd like to discuss how you do things that ARE NOT DIR, there are other areas of this message board for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom