This or that...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wilderydude83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm in the market for a regulator package. I've found two that seem pretty good. What do you think:

Dive Rite rg2500 or,

Scuba Max RG-1003.

You may also wish to take a look at the EDGE/HOG regulators as well. Extremely good bang for the buck with the HOG line in particular.

As a side note several brands have a common "source factory" for their regulators, but "spec" them differently. I believe the examples given in this thread are, well, examples of this :wink: Good quality at a good price is the result.

Best wishes.

Robobler,
You are very close to the Zeagle factory. I would consider them as well, since Zeagle, Hog, and the ones you mention, are very close "interpretations" of the Apeks regs. Zeagles are very popular in Fl., particularly on the left coast. Availability of competent service should be a prime consideration.

Another vote for the Edge Epic set. And if you look for the thread Dive Right In Scuba is having a storm sale. Find the set you want, PM Mike with an offer, and you may get hooked up with a set for MUCH less than you think. Now I wouldn't try saying you'll give him 5 bucks for it but if you offer to buy a 350 set for say 275 you might get it. Worst he can do is come back with a counter offer. again you will still save money and tell them I sent you. Picking up a pair of trilobite line cutters for myself and my GF for a killer price. Will be ordering them as soon as I can get on another comp here at work. This one is an antique and can't handle the website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom