Thread preview time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfsidedav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I move my cursor over a thread title I get a little balloon to preview the thread. Is there any way to increase the time that little window displays?
Thanks,
David

Cool! Great idea :wink:

It's just a handy little feature of the boards for those of us who don't have lightning fast internet connections. It helps to be able to read the gist of the message without having to open up the thread first.

No worries, another workaround is to simply hover the mouse over the link for a second time if you couln't finish reading the preview on the first attempt.

It would be nice if those previews worked in the root ScubaBoard page, too. The 20ish character title fragment is less useful than full forum listings, and when it takes 10-20 seconds to load even a short thread (<10 posts), it would be nice to have a better idea whether it's worth my time. (Yes, I have a high-speed Internet connection.)

The thread preview is standard vBulletin, the Portal page is custom development and unlikely to change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom