tilting to right

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba fryd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi i just got sidemount and on my last dive (i dive 7 liter 300bar steal) i kept turning/tilting to my right side when I slap my tank they make defriend drings is it fixable or is it because they are defriend densities so that don't whig the same

I'll pipe in, my opinion is free, and maybe worth exactly what you paid for it...

Side mount is a very finicky thing. I can dive the same set up, everything the same, and it be great one weekend and wonky the next. If I have a bad case of gas, it changes my trim.

I am assuming you are swapping regs and breathing both tanks down evenly...

So it sounds like you are diving 2 different tanks maybe from 2 different manufacturers...? Diving matched tanks would probably help. If the tanks have markedly different buoyancy characteristics, you may need to compensate for that. Even if you were diving matched tanks but still listing to the right, moving weight around is usually an option, depending on your rig. If you have weight on both hips, move some from the right to the left so that the more lead on the left off sets the less buoyant tank (that you have on your right).

hi i just got sidemount and on my last dive (i dive 7 liter 300bar steal) i kept turning/tilting to my right side when I slap my tank they make defriend drings is it fixable or is it because they are defriend densities so that don't whig the same
Borrow or buy a fishing scale and weigh each of the cylinders in the water. Most cylinders aren’t different enough to cause issue, but might as well eliminate the possibility.

Are you diving dry or wet? What other gear are you carrying? What kick are you using? What position are your legs in when you tilt? There are too many variables and not enough information.
What instruction did you receive?
What rig are you using?

I'll pipe in, my opinion is free, and maybe worth exactly what you paid for it...

Side mount is a very finicky thing. I can dive the same set up, everything the same, and it be great one weekend and wonky the next. If I have a bad case of gas, it changes my trim.

I am assuming you are swapping regs and breathing both tanks down evenly...

So it sounds like you are diving 2 different tanks maybe from 2 different manufacturers...? Diving matched tanks would probably help. If the tanks have markedly different buoyancy characteristics, you may need to compensate for that. Even if you were diving matched tanks but still listing to the right, moving weight around is usually an option, depending on your rig. If you have weight on both hips, move some from the right to the left so that the more lead on the left off sets the less buoyant tank (that you have on your right).
one tank is 2 years older than the other that's the only defrins

Try swapping your left and right tanks for a dive, and see if you tilt the other way.

Also, check the weights on your harness. You may have accidentally placed heavier weights or more weights on one side.

Try swapping your left and right tanks for a dive, and see if you tilt the other way.

Also, check the weights on your harness. You may have accidentally placed heavier weights or more weights on one side.
Amazing i wil tru THIS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom