Tired after scuba dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being tired after diving happens to me all the time. I've noticed that when I dive in fresh water I'm not as tired then when I dive in salt water and on rare occasions I will get a migrane 1 every 20 dives or more. Thanks for this post, next time I dive in salt water I'll try to slow it down even more. I usually ascend very slow but I willl even slow it done some more. Thanks

scubaranger:
. . . on rare occasions I will get a migrane 1 every 20 dives or more.
It sounds like you are retaining CO2 to get a migraine. Make sure that you are taking full breaths and exhaling fully. If you are diving nitrox, make sure that you are not diving too rich. I don't dive on a bottom mix greater than 1.2 or 1.3 for this reason since I got some nice CO2 headaches in the past.

Suspect your breathing gas. Put it on an O2 analyzer and tell us what the percentage is. Any Nitrox fill station will have an O2 analyzer.

A compressor inadequately cooled will fill a tank with an unusually low percentage of oxygen, resulting in an unusually fatigued diver.

Also, check your tank and reg filter for oily deposits. Airborne hydrycarbons reduce the lungs' capacity to transfer gasses, and thus can fester symptoms like fatigue, with or without nausea.

Lastly, stop breathing air on your dives. If you haven't already done so, experience Nitrox. There is a huge difference for me - particularly noticable when air's my only option.

DEEPLOU:
Could getting up at 4AM to drive to the boat, then 2 hour plus boat ride to dive site and then two dives have something with being tired at 5 or 6 PM???

Yes, but it's a different "kind" of tired.

When I used to ascend too quickly and do deep dives on air, the feeling after the dives was of complete exhaustion. Couldn't keep my eyes open.

When we get up early and dive all day (as per your example) I feel tired, but not completely wiped out as above. Hard to explain unless you've experienced the difference.

Back
Top Bottom