Transport options from Manila to Donsol for TOMORROW 24th April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antarctic-Adventurer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is rather late notice, but I am arriving in Manila tomorrow (Sunday April 24th) at around 1pm. This is too late to make the any of the daily flights to Legaszpi, but I would still like to try and get to Donsol tomorrow. (Whale shark watching). Are there any private vans or buses I could hire that anyone knows of to that could take me the whole way, or to Legaszpi? Any advice would be most appreciated!

Any ideas how much it would cost to go all the way?

If the worst comes to the worst I will fly on Monday.

My friends went there by bus, left Manila on 5pm and arrived Legazpi next morning. The bus were full. They were very lucky to get their seat becuase someone who had reserved didn't show up.

My friends went there by bus, left Manila on 5pm and arrived Legazpi next morning. The bus were full. They were very lucky to get their seat becuase someone who had reserved didn't show up.

Thanks for the reply. In the end I flew very early the next day on Monday morning. There were some transport options from Manila on Sunday after all the flights had left, but they were all private van or taxi and were very expensive indeed! (Not to mention taking a long time indeed ~10 hours)

For anyone else who has the same tight schedule, there is a 6am flight from Manila-Legazpi which gets you into Donsol by around 08:30. This is still in time to go out Whale Shark watching the same day with plenty of time. Oh and, get your own boat! The less tourists you have all clambering in the water the greater the chances of a whale shark actually sticking around. We did this and had a fantastic time with our own "private" whale shark. It isn't even that expensive either. :wink:

And if you request "Johnson" as your boat guide and interaction officer, you will have a great time. An amiable and hugely muscled filipino, he literally 'towed' my gf through the water to keep up with the shark relieving me of the task! That's service for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom