Transporting tanks in your vehicle...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note that the tank marked "N" has the small hole referenced is a previous post in the remaining part of the valve. Sill flies pretty good!
It appears that the tanks are pressurized to 300 bar. The gauge is hard to read.

The video is best with sound "ON"

smiffy,

Not sure if that was to me, but I was refering to the "Full Composite Flache" and it may have been a "Z" rather than an "N".

At the end of the sequence they hold up the tank and it apperas that there is a small black hole in the center of the tank neck. It appears to me to be the actual hole in the threaded portion of the valve.

If it wasn't in regard to that but to the folt size in Puerto Rican post then Oops.....

P.S. I like your idea of safety caps.

Casa, is that a commercial product? If so, where did you pick it up?

Not commercial, I just whipped it one Saturday after a planed dive trip was canceled.

I think that too much focus is going on the potential of a valve shear in an accident. I would think that in the majority of accidents involving high pressure cylinders, the biggest concern is not the risk of having the valve shear but rather having a collection of battering rams inside the vehicle with you.... Through my work I have attended a lot of vehicle accidents and I have seen accidents that would've been quite survivable if it weren't for the heavy object unrestrained in the cab..

So in my opinion you need to be most concerned about getting those tanks out of the same enclosed space as you then worry about valve shear.

...So in my opinion you need to be most concerned about getting those tanks out of the same enclosed space as you then worry about valve shear.

I completely agree.

Back
Top Bottom