Travel DIR Scuba Canister LED Light 15 WT, 1000+ lumen DIR , LIIO, tight beam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There NO protection on batteries for discharge (there is one for charge of course).
The reason is i would rather kill $20 battery then all of a sudden find myself without light when i REALLY need one :)
Currently you get solid 3 HR burn time. Get two $20 batteries and do 6 hr diving in a day., no need to make one yourself.

On related news i have new batch of lights ready 2 left without home yet. anyone want to adopt one?
It is 235$ in US and $20 for an extra battery. PM me for paypal invoice,

would rather kill $20 battery then all of a sudden find myself without light when i REALLY need one :)
Currently you get solid 3 HR bur

True that. That makes perfect sense. I just always get a little worried about taking care of lithium batteries. My dad's cell phone battery once set my parent's house on fire once while he was napping... Luckily he woke up and caught it and saved himself/the house. I guess the real risk is when charging over discharged cells, nothing inherently bad about running them down when you need to. I'm sending PM. If I dig the light, I'll probably order another in July for the honey's b-day.

Question on the battery charger...
Does the charger light change when the battery is charged? I charged my battery overnight, but the light just stayed red.

I haven't tried the light while diving yet, but it looks well made. I can't wait to try it out.

:cheers:
Steve

For anyone on the fence, this light is ridiculously good for $250. You WILL NOT find a better deal anywhere. I dive side-mount and dropped 35lbs worth of galvanized back plates with a bc on top of the light can by accident and there is not even a mark on it.
The plexi on the front lens is thicker than pope-mobile glass! It's crazy.
Awesome job, Andrew. Ever think about selling components? This would make a cool Sunday project to put together.

I could not agree more at this price just a steal. Worth 2x this amount. I use it with my son side by side to my light monkey 35hid and yes the Light Monkey is brighter but amost 8x the price. Hello? AMAZING DEAL GREAT LIGHT.

I'm also curious if you're still making these? I'm doing cave classes in May and would LOVE to pick one of these things up before I head down.
A buddy I dive with turned me on to your lights. His was amazing. Build construction was super solid and brightness was very nice. Would definitely like to get one of these bad boys.

Possibly looking at two of these if you are still making them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a last one of this batch left PM me.

Looked at the manual and couldn't find an answer. Sorry if it's already been asked. Is the switch on the head or the canister?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom