Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered my Orion BC XL 2 days ago, before finding this thread and seeing all the posts about Triple L sizes being on the large side. Rats! Well I'm holding down the planet at 225 lbs 44 inch chest 37 inch waist and I'll let you all know if the BC is too big. My only suit is a 3.2 mm shorty so I'm a little worried it won't add enough bulk.
My question is, I have noticed some of you commenting on the BC padding causing you to have to add weight. How much weight do you need to add just for the BC? I know some back inflates have a steel wing? that creates negative buoyancy before you even add weight, I guess that's not the case here?
Thanks,
Curt

Can any of you Orion owners tell me off hand if the cumberbund/pouch is removable on the thing? Looks like a pretty tuff unit but kinda bulky at the same time.. Just curious.. (I hate that big O logo on it)

May have to stick with something a little more streamlined. (Pegasus)

They finally shipped mine! I ordered the Orion... size M. Would have gotten a small, but they dont have any... so hoping it will fit. I should get it Monday... guess that means I'll be diving next weekend!

mle_osu:
They finally shipped mine! I ordered the Orion... size M. Would have gotten a small, but they dont have any... so hoping it will fit. I should get it Monday... guess that means I'll be diving next weekend!

Let us know for sure how the fit is when it shows up.. Also remind us of your dimensions..

smay28:
Let us know for sure how the fit is when it shows up.. Also remind us of your dimensions..

5'3" I am a girl... do you really think I am going to post my weight on here! haha. Currently 150, but steadily coming down! :)

mle_osu:
5'3" I am a girl... do you really think I am going to post my weight on here! haha. Currently 150, but steadily coming down! :)

That's perfectly fine. My spousal unit is YEWRPIOU:AIOD+GH!! lbs

smay28:
Can any of you Orion owners tell me off hand if the cumberbund/pouch is removable on the thing? Looks like a pretty tuff unit but kinda bulky at the same time.. Just curious.. (I hate that big O logo on it)

May have to stick with something a little more streamlined. (Pegasus)

The front pouch is not removable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom