Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

startag:
Basically what I'm getting at here as I ramble on is: Has anyone heard of the stuff? tried it? know someone who's tried it? and how does it compare to other stuff on the market?

I bought the Triple-L Libra BC a few weeks ago. It replaced my Scubapro Classic stabilizing jacket (more than three times the price of the Libra) which I've always found to be comfortable and functional. I picked the Libra because of its very similar design. The construction of the Libra is superior. The double tank straps are very easy to fasten and tighten down with confidence. The drysuit type inflating valve is compact and easy to use. The dump valve completely purges while horizontal. The jacket is so comfortable that I have not even thought about it while in the water. The five pockets are convenient, but I'm not big on BC pockets. If I completely fill the jacket, yes it feels like a medical trauma suit, but that is inherent with the jacket design. It is not an issue since I run pretty neutrally buoyant and don't use much air in the jacket while under way. The integrated weight pockets insert and remove easily.

I also bought the Triple-L weight pocket belt for $5.59. I carry about half my weight in my BC and the other half in the weight belt. That way the BC is a little easier to handle. The weight belt is great. The large size belt that I got has seven weight pockets on it. It carries soft weight bags easily but the best thing is that the belt feels more like a 4" back support belt than a weight belt.

So far, I find the Triple-L gear value too good to be true.... but it's true!

I wasn't interested in their BC's because I already had a bp/w - but I picked up a set of their double tank bands, cut the bands down and made a set of 2 cambands for my bp - at 1/5 the cost ($8 for two cambands compared to $21 each) The SMB is also a good deal, at $11 (oral inflation only) - I also picked up a shorty from them - seems to be good quality, especially for the price.

The did mess up the shipping and sent me someone elses order, but quickly sent my order and arranged for ups to pick up the wrong order - They are a little slow (comparsison to most internet mail order houses) in that they took about 7-10 days before shipping the order. But they were good at corresponding via email.

Hope the additional opinion helps - too bad they don't make more products as I'd give them more business.
Tim

I posted another thread but didn't get much feedback. I'll try it here.

Does anyone have experience with Triple-L Isis (womens BC)?

My wife is in the market for a new one. We both love the SeaQuest Dive except for $$$.

At $145 the Isis is quite attractive, but I'm not sure I want to spend even that on something that she can't try first.

I never could understand why I pay so much for a BC anyway???? This looks more like it.

jbichsel:
I posted another thread but didn't get much feedback. I'll try it here.

Does anyone have experience with Triple-L Isis (womens BC)?

My wife is in the market for a new one. We both love the SeaQuest Dive except for $$$.

At $145 the Isis is quite attractive, but I'm not sure I want to spend even that on something that she can't try first.

Rodale's has done one review of the Isis and I've read at least one more on the internet (don't remember where). Have you considered the Libra, Stratos or Instructor models? I don't know if they would fit your wife comfortably, but I think the Dive-Oz review of the Libra was done by a lady diver. The Stratos and Instructor models fit alot like a ScubaPro Classic (they look different though). I tried on a SP Classic Plus at my LDS, when I got my "Instructor" BCD delivered (and promptly tried it on) I found the fit felt just like the SP. Though my "Instructor" BCD is more secure on my body, I believe that is because of the adjustable shoulder straps.

Tom

My Orion arrived today.... I couldn't wait so I ran home at lunch to check it out..... WOW for $150.00 I'm very impressed especially when I compare it to the various BCs I checked out at the local LDSs. Now, it hasn't been in the water yet, but then again neither have any of the ones I checked in the shop.

Out of the box here are my first impressions:
1) Very strong feel to the product, it is heavy enough to let you know there is some strength but it is not too heavy.
2) Installing the bladder was a relativly simple task. Just use the tank strap to draw the bladder strap through the same slots in the back plate.
3) The bladder inflates easily with the manual inflate, and all four releases (two bottom dumps, the release button, and the pull on the hose) all work easily.
4) Very adjustable. Even adjusting the cumberbund (to handle the extra chocolate chip cookies and ice cream from last night) only took a minute or two (after taking a look at where everything was connected.
5) I have not put a tank into it yet, but I think it is going to be comfortable, the shoulder straps are well padded and there is a nice back pad that has some adjustability.
6) There are more D-Rings on this thing that I can figure our what to do with. There are a few on the backplate (basically on your back under your arm) that I am not flexible enough to be able to get at. There are also a couple around the back that probably will not get used. The ones on the front seem well positioned.
7) All the buckels are plastic but feel like they are strong enough for the job.
8) Best of all, IT LOOKS REALLY COOL.

Now, let's hope it works as well in the water as it looks...... by 8:30 tomorrow morning it should be wet.

If you have not seen the Orion, check it out on Triple-Ls site.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=56304&page=1&pp=10

mavjax:
Now, let's hope it works as well in the water as it looks...... by 8:30 tomorrow morning it should be wet.

[/URL]

Well ??? Did you get out this morning or what?
I've been checking this thread all day..
Let us know how it went...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom